3 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

Just in case there is any confusion - I am not referring to putting the Grilles on back to front :doh: - But because the Harbeth Logo is in the top l/h corner of one grille and the top r/h  corner of the other, - the Logos can be placed towards the outside, or the inside.

It can make all the difference you know :geek: Its a dilemma. Let us know if they sound better with the logo to the  nearside or offside.

Joking apart I found filling my Atacama stands to the brim with the Atacama bites deadened the sound too much. About 3/4 full did the trick and a small thumb nail size of Blutak on the base of the speaker was good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete the Feet said:

It can make all the difference you know :geek: Its a dilemma. Let us know if they sound better with the logo to the  nearside or offside.

If you suffer from OCD - having the logo in the wrong place upsets the whole Fengshui of the room - and thus the whole listening experience is confuddled. :geek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

If you suffer from OCD - having the logo in the wrong place upsets the whole Fengshui of the room - and thus the whole listening experience is confuddled. :geek:

Definitely, I will make sure they're in the right place.

That's if they can get them on!

Mac

On 28/09/2020 at 19:26, DougK said:

I suppose you realise that we will need another appraisal/review from you after the grills have been fitted and run-in :)

No!!! Seriously, I expect I will make some small comment one way or the other.

Mac

On 28/09/2020 at 19:26, DougK said:

I suppose you realise that we will need another appraisal/review from you after the grills have been fitted and run-in :)

No!!! Seriously, I expect I will make some small comment one way or the other.

Mac

Me and my big mouth!

They didn't fit, well, one of them didn't and would you believe they didn't even have the badges on!

I know it's not a life or death matter, but damned irritating!

Mac

30 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Me and my big mouth!

They didn't fit, well, one of them didn't and would you believe they didn't even have the badges on!

Mac

I know the Grilles are very tight, but they should fit.

Very (very) annoying.  :wall:

2 hours ago, whitehart said:

Me and my big mouth!

Mac

Oh dear .....is the fit being resolved.........:nerves:

On 29/09/2020 at 13:15, CnoEvil said:

Just in case there is any confusion - I am not referring to putting the Grilles on back to front :doh: - But because the Harbeth Logo is in the top l/h corner of one grille and the top r/h  corner of the other, - the Logos can be placed towards the outside, or the inside.

Lousy excuse. Back on the step. :)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, deggie said:

Oh dear .....is the fit being resolved.........:nerves:

Yes, another long wait I suspect, but I did ask that it be dealt with as an urgent matter.

If they come back and still don't fit, I won't be so calm about it... think they should just give me a pair of the new Index range lol!

Mac

14 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

It was the top right hand corner wouldn't go in... as nice as Harry the guy who came out to fit them is, I really think it should be one of their production team that comes out, not their marketing guy.

They are heading for record sales this year!

Mac

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, whitehart said:

It was the top right hand corner wouldn't go in... as nice as Harry the guy who came out to fit them is, I really think it should be one of their production team that comes out, not their marketing guy.

They are heading for record sales this year!

Mac

I do hope they get it sorted for you, Mac.  Maybe they should just bring you a new pair and sort yours out back at the factory!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

I do hope they get it sorted for you, Mac.  Maybe they should just bring you a new pair and sort yours out back at the factory!

Exactly .......I'm a fan of harbeth .but this is poor service regarding macs grills ....it's not rocket science.....they should take a leaf out of richer sounds for customer service.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nopiano said:

I sincerely wish that were possible... problem is, it would be a real ball ache packing them up again and knowing my luck, then they'd probably get damaged in transit again

Mac

On 01/10/2020 at 18:11, CnoEvil said:

Just Bear with the Grilles. :minikev:We are going through extraordinary and unprecedented times. It could be a supply chain problem.

• Like 1