3 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

I never use "Subjective/IMO" as a cop out....I use it to try and mitigate my personal bias when giving advice or an opinion.

Not singling you out, but generalising. It has to be the most overused word in hi-fi, and some milk it. Rather than giving an explanation they'll just say: "It's just my opinion or IMO or OMHO"

Edited by plasticpenguin

1 minute ago, Headcoat said:

I disagree. Using "subjective" or "imo" is a nod to the fact that everyone hears differently and has different preferences in sound profile. It's just the same as saying you like something or you don't, whilst acknowledging others may feel differently,

Matching kit is a different proposition, that may crossover.

There are so many permutations with countless kit matched up, room size and acoustics, wax in the ears, mood....

Using those words isn't wrong, but way too over worked. 

11 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

There are so many permutations with countless kit matched up, room size and acoustics, wax in the ears, mood....

Using those words isn't wrong, but way too over worked. 

Likely as they are trueisms.

12 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

Not singling you out, but generalising. It has to be the most overused word in hi-fi, and some milk it. Rather than giving an explanation they'll just say: "It's just my opinion or IMO or OMHO"

I on the other hand, generally don't trust definitive statements about what sounds good, what works with what (or not), or what makes a difference (or not).

André Gide summed it up for me, when he said, "Trust those who seek the Truth; doubt those who claim to have found it".

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Just a bit of an update on the grill saga.

Had an Email today stating it will be at least another 4 weeks before another pair are made!

I'm really not happy about this whole mess and have made Harbeth aware of my feelings and given them an ultimatum, either sort this out sooner rather than later, or they can come and take the speakers back.  As much as I don't want that to happen, I refuse to be mucked about any longer... it's their responsibility and at the end of the day I done them a bit of a favour by taking the black gloss pair off them, otherwise they would have been stuck with them probably still sitting in the factory.

I would love for them to offer me a new pair grills and all, but doubt that will happen.

Getting boring now init!

Mac

• Like 2

Well put mac ........Harbeth have failed in their customer services .........:whistle:

• Like 1

Low and behold, had an Email today saying the grills will be fitted next week!

I say fitted, but will they?!

Mac

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Mac

I've consulted the Delphic Oracle - and it'll all be grand! :nerves:

enjoying these p3esr with LFD amps 

• Like 2

Mac

Mac, for some strange reason I had a dream about your speakers last night and the grills that wouldn’t fit. We fixed it with some sticky tape in my dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

Mac, for some strange reason I had a dream about your speakers last night and the grills that wouldn’t fit. We fixed it with some sticky tape in my dream

Lol! don't joke, that's the next thing they'll try and palm me off with.

Mac

4 hours ago, hifinutt said:

enjoying these p3esr with LFD amps 

Sounds good to me... wouldn't mind hearing an LFD amp

Mac

GRILLS SAGA continued

Guy from Harbeth came over this morning to fit the new improved grills and guess what?!.........

you guessed it, they didn't fit! in fact, they were a worse fit than before.

Had a good frank exchange with the guy and by the end it was clear they were fighting a losing battle faffing about back and forth with different sets of grills, so he is going to see what's available back at base and these lovely, but problematic gloss black pair will  be going back.  If anyone out there is not fussy about listening without grills, there will be a pair up for grabs very soon.

Hope you're all well.

Mac

GRILLS SAGA continued
Guy from Harbeth came over this morning to fit the new improved grills and guess what?!.........
Had a good frank exchange with the guy and by the end it was clear they were fighting a losing battle faffing about back and forth with different sets of grills, so he is going to see what's available back at base and these lovely, but problematic gloss black pair will  be going back.  If anyone out there is not fussy about listening without grills, there will be a pair up for grabs very soon.
Hope you're all well.
Mac

Sorry to hear that Mac. Did you try the sticky tape?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, whitehart said:

GRILLS SAGA continued

Hope you're all well.

Mac

Sorry to hear that Mac ......hope they sort you out with a nice pair ......

• Like 1