Super Wammer

Clowns in a circus by the sounds of it. Christ, they only had to take into account the depth of paint in micros to adjust the grille frame size! 

Bad luck old chap but keep pushing 

Alls well that ends well.

Received an Email today from Harbeth saying they will replace them with a new pair, goodness knows how long it will take, but I'm happy with that.

Apparently, Alan Shaw will be bringing them to me in person and setting them up with one of his colleagues.

Watch this space.

Mac

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Received an Email today from Harbeth saying they will replace them with a new pair, goodness knows how long it will take, but I'm happy with that.

Apparently, Alan Shaw will be bringing them to me in person and setting them up with one of his colleagues.

Watch this space.

Mac

As Mrs Cno would say - That is what was meant to be.

Polite determination often wins the day.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Watch this space.

Mac

Why does Mr. Shaw need a colleague? Is he not capable of setting up speakers by himself?

8 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

Why does Mr. Shaw need a colleague? Is he not capable of setting up speakers by himself?

Bit harsh, lol...

7 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:

They are big, heavy and awkward. They will have to box up Mac's pair and unbox the new pair. Even putting them on the SS stands is awkward due to the small contact points.

• Like 1

Great news mac ........maybe alan shaw will treat you to a pair of annies .....or not .....:roll:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

They are big, heavy and awkward.

And, that's just the midrange...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, savvypaul said:

Bit harsh, lol...

2 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

They are big, heavy and awkward. They will have to box up Mac's pair and unbox the new pair. Even putting them on the SS stands is awkward due to the small contact points.

Ok, this is my view, and I know many don't have a clue what I'm going on about, however...

Normal price is about £12k, although I'm sure Mac had them discounted. They were purchased in August, now 3rd week of October. They were incomplete and only now is God almighty coming out with one of his lieutenants to hopefully complete the job -- two months plus after purchase. That's lunacy. It doesn't inspire me to purchase any of their models later down the line. For several thousand pounds I'd expect them to come with a red carpet...

Loyalty only stretches so far. I would have slung them back long before now.

On 21/10/2020 at 05:18, Chivas said:

Sorry to hear that Mac. Did you try the sticky tape? emoji12.png

The 'sticky tape term keeps rearing its head- is this a euphonism for something?:)

Anyhow good show it worked out.:^

Oh and don't mention amplifiers to Mr Shaw.......

On 21/10/2020 at 05:18, Chivas said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

PP, you would know if you ever tried to lift a 40.2 on your own.

Mac

Ok, this is my view, and I know many don't have a clue what I'm going on about, however... Normal price is about £12k, although I'm sure Mac had them discounted. They were purchased in August, now 3rd week of October. They were incomplete and only now is God almighty coming out with one of his lieutenants to hopefully complete the job -- two months plus after purchase. That's lunacy. It doesn't inspire me to purchase any of their models later down the line. For several thousand pounds I'd expect them to come with a red carpet...

I think you are being a little harsh PP. In my opinion the grills not fitting is a minor annoyance. Mac picked the speakers up for a a good deal, and it was a custom job, so these types of minor issues are to be expected. It’s not like half the drivers aren’t working or that the speakers blew up and set Mac’s house on fire. I think it is commendable that god almighty is going to see Mac personally and offered to replace these with a new pair. Alan Shaw runs quite a big business and has thousands of customers. If I had an issue with my car, I certainly don’t expect the CEO of ‘insert oem brand’ to personally come to my house to get it sorted.

If anything, other than the aggravation and time it took, I’m even more impressed with Harbeth’s customer care after this saga. Many other brands could’ve/would’ve said it’s a custom job, they don’t come with grills, take them as they are or return them for your money back, let alone give him a brand new pair, which is probably worth twice as much as what Mac paid in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarzan said:

Oh and don't mention amplifiers to Mr Shaw.......

Just inform Mr Shaw how great Harbeths sound with 10w tube amplifiers using Vibranium power cables and unobtainium interconnects. 😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

Ok, this is my view, and I know many don't have a clue what I'm going on about, however...

Normal price is about £12k, although I'm sure Mac had them discounted. They were purchased in August, now 3rd week of October. They were incomplete and only now is God almighty coming out with one of his lieutenants to hopefully complete the job -- two months plus after purchase. That's lunacy. It doesn't inspire me to purchase any of their models later down the line. For several thousand pounds I'd expect them to come with a red carpet...

PP, I agree with you to a point, but I've never had a problem with the Company before and I've been a Harbeth owner for a number of years now.

However, on this occasion, these speakers are a one off pair, a special request by someone in gloss black and they didn't forsee the problem that the finish would cause with regards fitting grills.

In hindsight, what should have happened is that they should have taken the speakers back to base and resolved the issue, instead of sending someone back and forth to my house who isn't even from the production team.

As I said to them, mistakes happen, but it's how they're resolved that leaves the customer with the lasting impression and now they've agreed, all be it having taken a long time, they are going to replace them with a new pair which I am very happy about.

I'm sure they will have learnt a valuable lesson from this saga.

Just hope I get the new pair before Christmas lol!

Mac

• Like 2

8 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

You have completely changed the argument.

Mac bought a heavily discounted pair of Speakers, that were a slightly damaged, one off pair and measured very fractionally differently - and  in the middle of a Pandemic.

Harbeth made 2 unsatisfactory attempts to rectify the problem - but at least they tried. When that failed, they are going to replace them, probably with a brand new pair, that would be full retail...and then set up them by Alan Shaw himself. To me, that is exceedingly good customer service. Try getting some of the bigger multi-nationals to do that.

• Like 1