....and you made it well.
On a forum, it's not always easy to know, what people know.....so a clarification may seem like stating the obvious.
Ideally, I should have looked at your kit before posting. :doh:

No problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

Not changed anything. The whole situation is farcical.

I did state Mac purchased them discounted rate. Harbeth made two unsatisfactory attempts to solve the problem. A couple of half-hearted attempts. Crikey it was to source and replace two grilles... and failed. Are you for real? That's pathetic. How can you say that's exceedingly good customer service? Sometimes when you get a great deal it's usually too good to be true... as this demonstrates.

You can't use the pandemic as an excuse. By August practically all restrictions were lifted by early May. The pubs opened on the 6th.

When I first purchased the Leema I had the headphone socket issue. Phoned Leema Acoustics, and even though my Pulse was discontinued and replaced, they sent a carrier vehicle the next day, and two weeks later it was repaired FOC. And it only cost me £750 as an end of line product. That's real customer service from a Welsh company, as opposed to Harbeth who are no more than about 25 miles from Mac's house.

You can't compare the two instances... I'm glad I hung on in there and made my feelings known forcibly, but without losing it otherwise I would have ended upsending them back, yes with my money back, but not in a position to afford a new pair.

Hey, I guess we're all different.

Mac

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's strange that someone, not the buyer or as afaik a Harbeth owner, is getting so worked up about this and going to such lengths to criticise the customer service when the actual customer is perfectly happy. Take a step back plasticpenguin.

• Like 3

It's irrelevant if I own Harbeth or not. I've worked in the consumer industry all adult life, 25 years in sales and ran my own small, successful business selling everything from babies nappies to bikes to stationary supplies to heavy machinery. What's happened to the philosophy of the customer is always right? That doesn't appear to have happened with Mac's experience.

If I was a manager at Harbeth I'd be walking over hot coals to rectify Mac's issue.

I used my experience with the Leema to prove how appreciating your clients really works. Harbeth, based on my fairly recent demo of the P3s, make some wonderful speakers... no doubt about the SQ. When it comes to customer care that leaves a foul taste in my mouth. As a good will gesture, they could have given Mac a replacement pair while they were trying to fix the grilles.

So yes I care about people in general, regardless of what kit they have. Two months is disgraceful.

According to my rough cut math, Mac is getting about £1k of additional value on his purchase free of charge for his inconvenience. And that is per week!

I don’t think he will feel too agrieved.

Neither would you had Leema given you a brand new unit of the latest model after 2 months of living with a fully functional unit

Super Wammer

I think you need to calm down a bit PP. 

Ive been in Retail for 42 years and studied consumer law and imo, Harbeth have done  nothing wrong other than cock up and admit defeat with the grilles and come up with a solution. They have, where possible attended Macs property during Covid and that is commendable. You may have run businesses but you didn’t have the pandemic. Like you say, your not a Harbeth owner so re light the Leema thread. They don’t support their older products and haven’t been around for more than 15 years! 

• Like 1

I think mac will be well pleased with his new speakers ............alan shaw is passionate about his brand and no doubt he will sort 

it for mac .........i would love a pair but out of my range .......so enjoy them mac.

• Like 2

I'm sure at the end of this Mac will be one very happy bunny indeed :)

One of the grill badges was loose on my P3's when I got them. I sent an email to Harbeth asking what adhesive they used to attach the badge as I was fully prepared to do a DIY fix, their response was "We will dispatch a new pair of self adhesive badges to you"... they arrived by DPD a few days later. Personally, I applaud Harbeth's customer service.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, radiant red said:

I think you need to calm down a bit PP. 

Ive been in Retail for 42 years and studied consumer law and imo, Harbeth have done  nothing wrong other than cock up and admit defeat with the grilles and come up with a solution. They have, where possible attended Macs property during Covid and that is commendable. You may have run businesses but you didn’t have the pandemic. Like you say, your not a Harbeth owner so re light the Leema thread. They don’t support their older products and haven’t been around for more than 15 years! 

I'm always calm, almost constantly horizontal as you'll would find if we ever met. I don't get how they can admit defeat when it's their own speakers. As I mentioned before they should have offered Mac a replacement while they get their heads around fixing the grilles. Two, three or four weeks max but 2 months? That's shabby at best and screams "we've got your money, you'll have to wait".

I have a lot of time for Mac as he has some personal issues, as I do with Mrs. P. If you buy and part with a substantial amount of money, one would expect the product  to do what it says on the tin. And not use a component if it's incomplete.

I understand the loyalty. I'm loyal to Leema and PMC but loyalty can only stretch so far, regardless of how good a particular component is. 

I'm always calm, almost constantly horizontal as you'll would find if we ever met. I don't get how they can admit defeat when it's their own speakers. As I mentioned before they should have offered Mac a replacement while they get their heads around fixing the grilles. Two, three or four weeks max but 2 months? That's shabby at best and screams "we've got your money, you'll have to wait".
I have a lot of time for Mac as he has some personal issues, as I do with Mrs. P. If you buy and part with a substantial amount of money, one would expect the product  to do what it says on the tin. And not use a component if it's incomplete.
I understand the loyalty. I'm loyal to Leema and PMC but loyalty can only stretch so far, regardless of how good a particular component is. 

Like Harbeth did in Mac’s case, I suggest that we now all admit defeat to the lone voice of PP, and move on. He is clearly not easily pleased. I’m thanking my lucky stars that I’m not in retail and have to deal with entitled “the customer is always right” customers.

This episode clearly had its difficulties, but a nice result in the end. I bought some used P3s a while back and one had a small hole in the grill. I approached Harbeth to buy a replacement pair and they sent me some at no charge. I thought that was lovely. And before you ask, yes, they fitted ! They get my vote 😊

• Like 3

Hi all,

Here's the long awaited video... had to take it off FB, couldn't find an option to send to Youtube like I did before.

https://www.facebook.com/100000041416437/videos/3730864476924896/

Cheers

Mac

Super Wammer

Can’t view it Mac.. content not found

17 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Can’t view it Mac.. content not found

Ah sorry mate, I'll have to get someone who knows what they're doing.

Before, I had the option to share to Youtube, but option doesn't seem to be there.

Mac

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Ah sorry mate, I'll have to get someone who knows what they're doing.

Before, I had the option to share to Youtube, but option doesn't seem to be there.

Mac

Don’t you have to sign on?