2 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

Possibly a distorting of perspective by the camera - but only Mac can answer for sure.

They're definitely not facing each other.  I'd say the corner of the back and side wall is central to each speaker if you know what I mean.

Anyway, it works.

Mac

6 minutes ago, whitehart said:

They're definitely not facing each other.  I'd say the corner of the back and side wall is central to each speaker if you know what I mean.

Anyway, it works.

Mac

That sounds as if they are "crossing" in front of you, rather than behind you - but if it works, that's all that matters.

It will be interesting to see how Alan Shaw sets them up.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CnoEvil said:

That sounds as if they are "crossing" in front of you, rather than behind you - but if it works, that's all that matters.

It will be interesting to see how Alan Shaw sets them up.

Indeed, I was thinking just that.

As my sofa is right against the back wall, I guess it wouldn't work from behind me.

Mac

Having recently sold my SLH5+ 's (too big for the room), I've just invested in some P3ESR's (standard not 40th/XD version)

Can't wait to see how they fare against my Stirling LS3/5a V2's

Edited by Bigwig07
update
  • Like 3

On 27/10/2020 at 18:40, Bigwig07 said:

Having recently sold my SLH5+ 's (too big for the room), I've just invested in some P3ESR's (standard not 40th/XD version)

Shame about the SHL5+, congrats on the P3's though.

Mac

Harbeth contacted me today to ask if I would be happy with Walnut finish and of course I said that would be perfect... thought it would be a bit churlish to get picky considering they will be the Index model.

No lead time though, doubt they will be ready before Christmas.

Mac

• Like 3

Super Wammer
48 minutes ago, whitehart said:

Harbeth contacted me today to ask if I would be happy with Walnut finish and of course I said that would be perfect... thought it would be a bit churlish to get picky considering they will be the Index model.

No lead time though, doubt they will be ready before Christmas.

Mac

Maybe that’s why they DID phone you. Walnut might be the reason why you might not have to wait too long.

• Like 1

Lovely is the walnut mac ....my ex harbie annies were in walnut .......envious  i am ......:D

• Like 1

On 27/10/2020 at 18:40, Bigwig07 said:

And neither can I. You do understand you're commited to letting us know now, your post having 'wam related contractual obligations :D.

Edited by Ian

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

And neither can I. You do understand you're commited to letting us know now, your post having 'wam related contractual obligations :D.

Ha yes, are you the guy who was unable to choose between standard and 40th Anni's ? 

• Like 1

Wanna ask you guys about how to remove light nicks and scuff marks. My little P3ESR got some here and there. Basically, whatever sealant Harbeth uses was removed thus exposing the wood.

Am thinking of bees wax polish. Any advise? I dare not try oil based polish in case it ‘stains’ and creates a different hue. 

3 hours ago, Bigwig07 said:

Ha yes, are you the guy who was unable to choose between standard and 40th Anni's ? 

It would be rather nice if you could forget that episode 😜. But yes !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tIANcI said:

Wanna ask you guys about how to remove light nicks and scuff marks. My little P3ESR got some here and there. Basically, whatever sealant Harbeth uses was removed thus exposing the wood.

Am thinking of bees wax polish. Any advise? I dare not try oil based polish in case it ‘stains’ and creates a different hue. 

I used beeswax polish on an older pair, a limited improvement though it certainly didn't make things worse. Very small amounts on the areas you want to tackle seemed best. It was a spray one, don't know if that makes any difference. Good luck !

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

I used beeswax polish on an older pair, a limited improvement though it certainly didn't make things worse. Very small amounts on the areas you want to tackle seemed best. It was a spray one, don't know if that makes any difference. Good luck !

TQ!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian said:

It would be rather nice if you could forget that episode 😜. But yes !

I've just got my new P3ESR's (one of the last) and first impressions are positive, but the midrange seems quite shut in and recessed at the moment. Does that warm up and open out as the speakers run in ?