Totem

hifinutt

heard a few totem speakers at shows , most impressive was the element metal . i can`t see an owners forum so can i start one and post this vid of the earth speaker review 

feel free to share your thoughts on this canadian speaker brand 

Edited by Bazzer

I nearly bought some hawks which are really nice totem speakers. They seem to be very expressive speakers with a really open mid range. 

• 1 year later...

Dem'd a pair of Arros a few years ago. Fabulous imaging and soundstage for such diminutive speakers. That was the reason I didn't purchase them: The size. At the time my daughter was quite young and I had visions of her brushing into one of the speakers and...TIMBER.

I agree about hawks which are really nice. Heard with some naim stuff and very nice. My local dealer in my town sells totem. Interesting they call it totem as all the totem poles in Canada etc. 

Auditioned some Dreamcatchers before buying my KEFs. They were utterly beautiful sounding, but just didn't have the bass presence I knew I'd want.

Edited by chris_bates1974
Spelling error

28 minutes ago, chris_bates1974 said:

Auditioned some Dreamcatchers before buying my KEFs. They were utterly beautiful sounding, but just didn't have the bass presence I knew I'd want.

That is one downside to all Totems. They have such titchy drivers - not great if you are a party goer.

Had some Forests a few years ago. Loved em........NO WAY were they bass light! In fact the only reason I sold them was when I moved into my present house, I just could not get the bass end under control.

I also heard the Winds, on the end of a high end Naim set up & the wife wanted me to buy them on the spot, they were so good! I've not heard any of the more recent models though. They went through a phase of being quite expensive due to the $ exchange rate, I think.

• 11 months later...
Posted (edited)

i picked up my Totem Sky bookshelf speakers and Totem Stands last weekend. They are totally stunning!

The stands have little rubber pads on the top plate so the speaker is not sitting directly on the metal top plate. The stands are not filled with any material.

What do I need to be listening for to determine if they would benefit from any material filling in the columns?

i am watching a video on loudspeaker stands from the Dynaudio official channel which seems to suggest you can fill the columns with material or put little pads on the top plate and install spikes on the feet of the stands. I have spikes installed and pads on the top plate, which the speakers sit on.

Edited by oxymoron