Hello, guys I just bought Focal Chora 826 . I fell in love with sound and imaging an soundstage are amazing!when I was in shop they demo them for me with amp that is out of my reach!Currently I drive them with my Cambridge axr100 but I been thinking to upgrade amp!my budget is around $1500 and been wondering what other focal user have and what is good match with them!

Bla , great to have you 

Lots of amps in that bracket , are you in UK ? or what country . avoid naim with focal , personally i think they sound horrible together . 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 18/08/2017 at 20:45, hifinutt said:

yes , we had a whole day listening to the 1008be and 1028be courtesy of the marvellous audio T in Cheltenham . had B&W 804s at the time . my son commented how transparent the 1008be were and asked me for a pair !!! they are lovely speakers and both the 1028 and 1008 are good vfm now . you can buy brand new 1028 be for £3750 on ebay and 1008be new on ebay .  pretty good really when it compares to price of 804d  

I traded in Diablos for 804D3s a while back as the Focals were just too fatiguing for me. Fantastic detail though and the bass was pretty thunderous given they are standmounts

I have always wondered whether 100Bes would be a little tamer in the high frequencies for a second system. Trouble is I heard Boenicke W5s and they are tremendous for such small speakers and produce a sound much more to my linking (very detailed but more rounded and organic without harsh highs)

ah thats interesting . no the 1008be are just the same as the 1028 , just less depth etc as a standmount 

funny thing is i facilitated a friend getting some 1028be last week instead of 804d3 !!! he loves the 1028be , he bought my last pair and missed them

they work brillianly with the right set up , we are going to try a gato [ non class d ] with it 

On 28/12/2020 at 15:04, Bla said:

I live in Phoenix Arizona!I am using them for stereo listening only .I was just wondering what amp match well with Focal so I can narrow my search !

lavardin . gato , hegel , pass labs and in phoenix get a hold of dave belles amps 

simply superb with Focal !!!! [ i used mb100 ] 

just like these 

https://powermodules.com/aria-mono-block-amp

• 2 months later...

Watched this tour of the Focal factory and its an interesting walk around and listing to the engineers and designers. When they got to the studio control room setup they had their Trio11 speakers. These are a very interesting design which can be laid sideways or vertically as requirements need, and there are some bolts to orientate the mid tweeter accordingly. What I found really interesting was though is that their bass driver can be switched off completely so they can switch from a 3 way to a two way to listen to music that way also. Looked it up on their web site and they call this feature the focus mode.

https://www.focal.com/en/pro-audio/monitoring-speakers/sm6/monitoring-speakers/trio11-be 

• Like 1

I have just purchased the Focal Utopias 3 Diablo and so far so impressed. Initially I had them hooked up to a Sonneteer Orton mk4 and it created a little bit of magic. I have since upgraded to the Analog Domain Isis 2 and very impressed, but very transparent and this may be due to the Aqua Formula DAC.  I think amplifier choice has to be very careful with these speakers and may try my Vinnie Rossi with them.

Had the diablo for a while , not bad  , but prefer the verity which you have .

• Like 1