Sign in to follow this  
patbarrydub

Signed Arsenal football...

Good afternoon chaps, my son acquired this ball recently, it hasn't been pumped up yet to use, apparently it sold at a charity auction this side of the sound for £3K 20 odd years ago, presumably due to some Irish connections on the ball, I'm looking for a steer on where to go about valuing/ auctioning this to keep him in higher end Nike boots for a while!  (of course he might keep it also as he likes Arsenal), Ebay and other memorabilia sites don't throw up any info, only listings seem to cover more recent single signatures, this one is a Pat Jennings ball (can't find anything on this either), 18 signatures, of these I can only identify 14 (think it's the 1979/80 season but ain't sure, - John Devine, Pat Jennings, Willie Young, Don Howe (RIP), Frank Stapleton, Al Sunderland, David Price, Graham Rix, Liam Brady, Terry Neill (Manager), Paul Barron, Steve Gatting, Sammy Nelson and Steve Walford.

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

Edited by patbarrydub

don't get your hopes up.  I have two very similar balls from another premiership team that were given to me when I was a teenager, coming from a charity auction, where I was told they raised about £2k each.

A number of years ago, I went to a reputable football memorabilia dealer, and asked for a valuation.... they said about £200 per ball to buy from me.....I didn't bother selling.  I have given them both to my Nephew who treasures them.

These days I'd say stick them on eBay and let the market decide.

Thanks Simon, prolly better to hang on to it, maybe put it on Ebay and pull the auction early to get an idea of value.