HiFi Hammer

Help identifying this Hi Fi rack

Have seen this rack for sale on an internet selling site. Contacted the seller asking if he knew who manufactured it unfortunately he didn't. Looks a bit flimsy. 

Any help identifying it, may take a gamble on it.

Screenshot_20171021-203803-074.png

Looks like Target, though there have been a number of similar.

If it's Target, it's a welded steel frame and not flimsy at all. I use a Target wall-mounted turntable shelf and it's rigid.

No probs, but no guarantee either. There have been quite a few similar that I've seen over the years. That said, if it's welded steel for the frame and the glass shelves are sensibly supported, it should be more than up to the job.

Not sure its a Target stand , the uprights look round , I thouht Target were square ?

Soundstyle perhaps? They did some very similar but the ones I've seen had thicker tubes on the corners.

Super Wammer
22 minutes ago, typeo said:

Soundstyle perhaps? They did some very similar but the ones I've seen had thicker tubes on the corners.

I've got a couple of Soundstyle racks and they don't have a bare spike on the bottom, it's a cone with an adjustable pointy end. However those could be replaced with regular spikes if lost, or used to add an extension shelf. Having said that, I agree that the tubes seem too thin to me.

Here you go, definitely not a soundstyle rack

59edc71c9b128_soundstylerack.thumb.jpg.db698d9e1a75a8b0a347b327a12ae433.jpg

Maybe an old Partington, although mine has only got three legs in a triangle? I seem to remember the Richer lads did their own equipment racks some years back too

I have a Partington rack , you can adjust the sheves by sliding them up and down on inner round bars then lock them off 

Well l took a gamble and got the rack. £35. First impressions seems very well made with thick smoked glass shelves. 

The amplifier was a tight fit only a small gap of about 5mm at the top, although the oak cone feet fitted to it may have to come off now 🤔

Well l took a gamble and got the rack. £35. First impressions seems very well made with thick smoked glass shelves. 
The amplifier was a tight fit only a small gap of about 5mm at the top, although the oak cone feet fitted to it may have to come off now
Waste of money! You made a bad decision there. Will make your music sound muffled and lose all definition. Best sell it on quickly, best I can offer is £5. At least you have recouped some of your money and of course saved yourself heartache...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk