HiFi Lounge Goes Motor Racing!

[B]I Can Now Say I've Raced A Lotus, RD 1 Photobook![/B]

Hi All,

So last weekend we had our first race in the Lotus Elise at Donnington Park, one of my favourite tracks, firstly it was a huge tick as I can now say I have raced a Lotus, Lotus is my favourite car Marque, I've lost count how many I have owned over the years so for me this was a very special day.

So how did it go? if I am totally honest I was a little disappointed that I wasn't a little quicker but we did come away with a trophy for third place in our class so I really can't complain at that and as seat time is so important, and I was racing people who have been in the Elise Trophy for years, then I'm hopeful as I get to know the car better then we can move up the grid and taking positives from the weekend I got faster with every session on track with my fastest laps coming at the end of the 45 minute race on Sunday.

Next stop in Silverstone in a couple of weeks which I am really looking forward too as I'd like to think we can really be in the mix there and whichever way you look at it I will be racing a Lotus as Silverstone, now that really is a dream come true.

Please find a selection of pictures below taken from the our first race in the Lotus Elise Trophy at Donington Park.

Cheers,

Paul.

K0LF6qQ.jpg

BqjImBn.jpg

3DuJzfl.jpg

0y5tguP.jpg

P5n63Xf.jpg

NqSdl4K.jpg

5qqZkxH.jpg

wUgy1Jj.jpg

nhG4CZJ.jpg

XdT4kpf.jpg

6rpmz4Q.jpg

wC7OrCC.jpg

Fc77C5l.jpg

dDck7q5.jpg

v7GuNI9.jpg

• 2 months later...

Lotus Elise Trophy Race Updates Rounds 2 and 3!

Hi Everyone,

Got a little behind with our race updates I'm afraid as we have now completed race 2 of our Elise Trophy which was at Silverstone and was very wet and I wasn't very competitive to be honest so the less we say about that the better but then we went to Oulton Park last weekend and it was great weather and I felt I really started to get the best from myself and the car although I did find a second on my last very lap which was a surprise so I am not sure where that came from but Oulton Park is such a great drivers track that encourages you to attack every corner, really was a lot of fun and spectators where allowed again which did make all the difference.

Next weekend we are at Cadwell Park which is arguably the prettiest UK track and is often called the mini Nurburgring which makes me a little nervous as it is so narrow and the barriers are very close and you can get airborne at the so called 'Mountain' which will be interesting.

But we left Oulton Park with another trophy for 2nd in our class so that was a great way to end 2 fun days at the track, please find some pics below and a video of my 2 best laps around Oulton park which also are my best laps in the Elise so far, unfortunately we think there is something wrong with the camera as the quality isn't great so we have sent it back to the supplier to check it out but it will give you an idea of how great Oulton is to drive.

Oulton Park 2 Best Laps

oQHAJY9.jpg

CMA1HYJ.jpg

RraB3o2.jpg

7bBQQnf.jpg

OsSYBVd.jpg

F01iMiC.jpg

mh8C9ph.jpg

ZcfVH8c.jpg

KwqQi6g.jpg

Cheers,
Paul.

• 1 month later...

Photobook From Round 4, Cadwell Park, The Prettiest Track in the UK!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update from our Lotus Elise Trophy exploits, for the last round we headed to Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire which without doubt is the most picturesque race track in the UK, I must admit I’m always a little nervous when arriving there as it is very narrow with some really fast corners, it is also very undulating with not a lot of run off so get it wrong and it will bite but as always it worked its wonders on me again and I left falling in love with Cadwell all over again.

No trophies this time I’m afraid but had some good track action which is the whole point really and the car survived the dangers of the Mini Nurburgring as it is affectionately known.

The season is disappearing fast, this weekend we are at Snetterton, nowhere as pretty as Cadwell but equally as demanding, every race we have got more performance out the car and from me also so really hoping that trend continues this weekend and that it stays dry.

The penny dropped the other day when testing at Snetterton that the Elise is a very different animal to the Radical, basically with the Radical it feels planted thanks to the aero I guess but with the Elise if it isn’t moving around under you then you are just not going fast enough, you almost have to drive it to the point it is just about to break away, the good news is that when it does oversteer it is very easy to get it back, very much like a big go kart, so I really hope to test that theory more this weekend.

Please find a few pics below for the stunning Cadwell Park.

Cheers,

Paul.

vh4pgW8.jpg

JBoS4ZO.jpg

DVdo7lj.jpg

sFNv0Ss.jpg

u8F2Amt.jpg

7miOLbo.jpg

6QOokbY.jpg

DOTQPvU.jpg

oPcH58t.jpg

OoAX3zR.jpg

3s4iAFp.jpg

jeZGr0k.jpg

NxafKEI.jpg

Zr4ZSYJ.jpg

Ee0s6nF.jpg

caFNbdn.jpg

zdDvIpW.jpg

4x50B5F.jpg

• 1 month later...

Snetterton Photobook, Fire, Rain + New Livery!

Hi All,

So for our Snetterton race weekend it was certainly a weekend like no other, basically it was British Summertime so we had plenty of rain but we also had a huge pit lane fire just when we were about to go out for our first race, basically a teams lorry caught fire and it took 2 fire engines to get it under control, luckily no one was injured but it meant we lost our first race and our 2nd race was re-scheduled for 6pm, this ended up being cut short due to a car stranded on the track so basically we did 3 days at the track for a 17 minute race but at least we came away with a trophy so it wasn't all bad.

Plus we had the new livery on the Elise to promote iLounge Racing, a couple of tweaks to do but overall really happy with the look, really stands out on track now.

So off to Brands Hatch this weekend, really looking forward to this one as it is on the short Indy layout so is very much like a big Go Kart track which should suit me, presently we are 5th overall in the standings and 2nd in our class so plenty to still play for.

We were testing there last week and I had my closest moment to a big crash yet, please see below, certainly a Code Brown moment but luckily we got away with just a little damage under the car where I had to go over the grass in avoidance, could certainly have been much worse.

Anyway please find a few pictures below from our Snetterton weekend.

Cheers,

Paul.

VUcEmTQ.jpg

eGUEzzS.jpg

yykZAYp.jpg

tSXlqt9.jpg

PwMMRjA.jpg

oiXeuB7.jpg

sDG7TAt.jpg

6pGUjLZ.jpg

ifMSV2n.jpg

bNw1BAK.jpg