Boenicke

Just now, jobseeker said:

I believe bass driver in all latest W5 versions is tuned to 50Hz.  So in-room performance goes lower. Earlier standard W5 was 60Hz I believe, with SE versions at 50Hz.

and I *believe* that W8 is 30Hz (not know obv)

3 hours ago, Bi Focal said:

Hi. I’ve checked the websites and there are no frequency ranges. I’m afraid the pictures above are too fuzzy to read the small print so I can’t tell whether they have these details or not

03EF66EB-1E2B-4E47-A7CC-77E6B730C327.jpeg

8C6D643A-0E15-46D4-9C46-1878C4C72EAC.jpeg

3B432900-5A92-4987-8EC8-49C8398A2C47.jpeg

Sorry about the fuzzy images before .. and the www site was down for 1 hr when i got the message that you still needed info ..and i feel back to sleep ..sorry i hope this helps .. i see another member got you some numbers ..again sorry my first attempt posting the hot-links to Boenicke Site did not help ...mark

9E71E278-A0F5-4901-BD85-C71CFD3D7196.jpeg

On 29/10/2020 at 22:21, Duckworp said:

What did Sven say main differences were between the W11 and W13?

As you I have RCA left and right pre-out.  The cables I have are designed specifically for active bass speakers, and you specify the connections at each end, so RCA at one end and xlr at the other http://www.jenving.com/products/subwoofer-active-speakers-75

my old amp had xlr pre-out and I was using costly xlr-xlr cables.  These Supra cables I refer to above are less than 10% of the cost of the old cables and actually sound as good if not better!

I did find that also that the W13 bass amps benefited from an MCRU mains cable designed for high current amps. Though it was not a big difference - with standard cheap kettle cables they still sounded quality  

Do you have the reference of the RCA to XLR cable you are using, is this the Supra Sublink RCA-XLR/M? Where did you purchase them, it does not seem that we can order straight from the manufacturer's website?

46 minutes ago, Greg0204 said:

Do you have the reference of the RCA to XLR cable you are using, is this the Supra Sublink RCA-XLR/M? Where did you purchase them, it does not seem that we can order straight from the manufacturer's website?

Yes that is the cable.  It is available from MCRU who can supply any cable from the Supra range.  Great business to deal with too.  These cables sound better than the XLR-XLR ones I had before and are one tenth of the price.

6 hours ago, Duckworp said:

Yes that is the cable.  It is available from MCRU who can supply any cable from the Supra range.  Great business to deal with too.  These cables sound better than the XLR-XLR ones I had before and are one tenth of the price.

Thank you,

I checked MCRU but they do not seem to have this particular reference at the moment.

There is one on ebay selling in the US. I need to source a second one.

It is not on the website, you have to email MCRU.  David, who owns MCRU, can get you anything but you have to request it.

4 hours ago, Duckworp said:

It is not on the website, you have to email MCRU.  David, who owns MCRU, can get you anything but you have to request it.

Thanks for the tip.

No luck with David yet.

Would these be a good replacement in case I cannot source the Supra cables?

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/chord-clearway-analogue-audio-cable-xlr-rca

2 hours ago, Greg0204 said:

No luck with David yet.

Would these be a good replacement in case I cannot source the Supra cables?

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/chord-clearway-analogue-audio-cable-xlr-rca

I like the Supra as it is designed as a subwoofer cable.  I can't comment on this Chord cable.  Have you tried ringing David?  Monday - Friday him or his office always answer the phone even if the email response may be slow this week.

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question: With a semi-active speakers such as the W13, can you choose to bypass the built-in bass amplifier, and have the bass drivers driven by the main amplifier directly, or are the bass drivers entirely dependent on the built-in amplifiers with the pre-amplified signal from the main amplifier?