14 minutes ago, jobseeker said:

It was previously Gato, which sounded wonderful. It is now Mytek Brooklyn Amps, one per speaker in monoblock configuration. Interestingly, they also use a Pascal module, though i think it’s a different version to Gato. A natural successor in some ways. 

Thank you.

On 06/06/2019 at 04:48, Elite Audio said:

Gents,

I do not routinely post, as this is your 'club' and area, to be vocal with good, bad or indifferent views on your experience with Boenicke and many other brands. However there is one thing I do need to clarify and clear up: delivery for ownership and demo. 

There are many ways to skin a cat, and move goods from point A to point B in the UK. For example we can quite easily ship an Aqua Formula DAC (circa £12k) within the UK for £20.00 fully insured and packaged to arrive safely. The cost of the unit when dealing with our shipping partner(s) trade accounts by in large, bear no relevance to value. Conversely and to demonstrate this, I have to send Audio Physic Classic 15 Speakers (Circa £2.2k) by another method, that costs £125.00. This is due to the fact that Audio Physic insist on them being shipped on a pallet (please see one of my unboxing videos that shows their packing stating this) and the pallet delivery costing this amount. 

As for the Boenicke range they are shipped as follows:

W5 - DPD £20.00

W8,11,13 - Pallet £125 within UK on a standard service

Why a pallet? Simple really - safety of the goods. Most couriers have neither the time, staff or equipment to consistently transport items like speakers in card boxes without there being serious risk of damage. Hence why Audio Physic insist on it. Experience tells us that you're better safe than sorry. Would you want your new £8.5k W8SE speakers arriving rattling around in the back of the proverbial white van? 

Hopefully that explains the delivery method, cost and reasons for this. I should also state that where clients have not been invoiced with a delivery charge it is purely down to the price invoiced on that occasion including delivery. Some clients prefer things written this way. Nothing more sinister. 

In terms of how we manage a demo situation it is mainly by negotiation. I fully accept that everyone wants a home demo; in fact I strongly encourage it! That stated we are not 'next door' to every customer so if someone cannot drive to us then the options become limited to delivery only. In this type of situation we spend a lot of time discussing the owner's current system and goals. We do so to limit the chance of the speakers not being 'right' By adopting this approach we rarely see returns, and even if there are, the client normally goes on to make a purchase of another speaker. The shipping costs then being worked in to everything overall and explained. 

This leaves us with the last situation that has been highlighted, and the one that is perhaps the most tricky to deal with: the multiple or 'casual' demo. I've had clients who have multiple units to demo. I've run through the delivery options, and most have agreed that given the level of investment, and after gaining an understanding of our shipping methods and why, that it's a fair amount to charge as it is a cost to the business that we cannot absorb due to our location, or indeed the clients. All have been totally understanding of this, and again been told they'd be more than welcome to visit and collect - free of any delivery charge! The same applies to the 'casual' demo client. The only difference being it perhaps sharpens their mind on to whether the speaker is right for them in the first instance.

It is important to add that we remain committed to making all our customers happy, and will work tirelessly to ensure common ground is reached, products tested, sold and supported. As I constantly and consistently tell clients (much to my colleagues annoyance of the same line) 'I am an enthusiast as well, and I know how important this is to you, so let's get it right' 

Thanks, and enjoy the forum! 

David

PS. If anyone would like to discuss please do not hesitate to give me a call

I have owned Boenicke w5’s for just under 2 yrs ..i am a true believer ..i have even got a Sven Boenicke SuB ..my Question is what to do if you need to place the Boenicke’s on carpet .?

4541DCA3-E88B-4D63-BC8A-0A9ADE9F54E0.jpeg

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, Mark Hall said:

I have owned Boenicke w5’s for just under 2 yrs ..i am a true believer ..i have even got a Sven Boenicke SuB ..my Question is what to do if you need to place the Boenicke’s on carpet .?

for the Kegworth show I now use 2x large plain glass cutting boards from ASDA and place the swing bases on those, without the swing base I could get away with smaller wooden chopping boards

Hi 

Thank You for responding 

this would be in my living room ..looking for something more permanent .

would glas be a good choice ..not sure ..chopping block yes 

Super Wammer

obviously I'm using W8s not w5s

Super Wammer

I’m using the supermarket black marble chopping boards which

give a bit more stability and protection from a stray passing foot.

Though still a new listener to W5’s I’m increasingly impressed.

5353A0B4-3DDE-4A20-AE98-61FD4607DA7A.jpeg

Super Wammer

I use the same on my W8s, black marble chopping boards. Even SWMBO is happy with them. The Swingbase is not at its best on carpet in my experience.

Photo shows my W8 and a Spendor D7.2 I was trialling. I preferred the Boenicke.

08C757CC-96D9-4BBB-9A4C-E06B76ABF27B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Trying to do there little cousins the W5 ‘s on carpet ..have an email into Sven Boenicke in Switzerland ..to see what the preferred method by him is ..

will post his ideas ..when he replies 

thanks for the information ..so happy to finally find some Boenicke owners !

Mark Hall ,NYC

Super Wammer

Hi Mark,

Glad you found some Boenicke fans. Be interested in Sven’s comments. How are Boenicke perceived on your side of the Pond?

One dealer i believe in NYC .. where i got mine ..was not told there were multiple levels SE and SE+ of refinement ..they also took a long time to get ..

that i understand as they are a small company ..

Many people have never heard of them ..or actually listened to a pair ..when they do they all have the same reaction to the W5’s ..are they the only speakers ON!

they sound great in weird rooms and set ups ..that are not ideal ..but when you get them to hook up with the room ..they get a huge improvement in mid/bass

if you go all in and use math and geometry ..i use a bosch laser measuring thing ..was $24 on sale $46 normally model BOSCH GLM 20 

runs on 2 triple A’s ..it makes it so easy to do by yourself ..you sometimes still need a tape measurer ..and some blue painters tape ..they go from great to frekin awesome ....im sure you know all this ..but the laser gizmo makes it a piece of cake to hit the spot ..when you want to do some serious listening    
when the speakers may be tucked into a kid friendly or wife approved location 

mark

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mark Hall said:

One dealer i believe in NYC .. where i got mine ..was not told there were multiple levels SE and SE+ of refinement ..they also took a long time to get ..

that i understand as they are a small company ..

Many people have never heard of them ..or actually listened to a pair ..when they do they all have the same reaction to the W5’s ..are they the only speakers ON!

they sound great in weird rooms and set ups ..that are not ideal ..but when you get them to hook up with the room ..they get a huge improvement in mid/bass

if you go all in and use math and geometry ..i use a bosch laser measuring thing ..was $24 on sale $46 normally model BOSCH GLM 20 

runs on 2 triple A’s ..it makes it so easy to do by yourself ..you sometimes still need a tape measurer ..and some blue painters tape ..they go from great to frekin awesome ....im sure you know all this ..but the laser gizmo makes it a piece of cake to hit the spot ..when you want to do some serious listening    
when the speakers may be tucked into a kid friendly or wife approved location 

mark

Mark, What is the exact math and geometry of speaker placement you are going for which the device aids?  

1 hour ago, Duckworp said:

Mark, What is the exact math and geometry of speaker placement you are going for which the device aids?  

Cardas method
hope doing a www site is ok on hifiwigwam
speakerAngle  app on ios is free and great for getting toe in the same

having the speakers symmetrically placed seems to be really key to imaging to the next level each little thing adds up to getting a huge smile when a really great track thats got it right   

http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_main.php

• Like 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Mark Hall said:

Cardas method
hope doing a www site is ok on hifiwigwam
speakerAngle  app on ios is free and great for getting toe in the same

having the speakers symmetrically placed seems to be really key to imaging to the next level each little thing adds up to getting a huge smile when a really great track thats got it right   

http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_main.php

No worries on links, we are here to learn, moderation on here is very balanced (well aside from that @bandit pilot dude) 

Just drew up a plan of dimension for a stand out of walnut ..and sent to a wood worker from etsy ..

base 12inch by 12 inch 2inch thick or more ..or possible doing 2 layers glued up .

center  column 2 x 4 inches 18 inches tall minus the thickness of base to keep approximate driver height

will use the Boenicke w5 standard mounting plate i think  ..or make a top plate ..out of walnut ..i thought it might be better to keep the new wood away from the speakers incase the color is off