Art Audio

Replaced the valves in the V1 from Sovtek to Golden Llions and got a worthwhile increase in sound quality.:^

As was not sure of the age/ condition of the originals.:geek:

Edited by Tarzan
Sober

Super Wammer
On 10/11/2019 at 12:02, Tarzan said:

No, it was a second hand purchase had it a day now......:^:)

It is blooming big.

Is it propper BIG , Please clarify 

• 2 months later...

Ive tried a few different valves in the V1, personally like Mullards (M8137)-warmer more 3D or Telefunkens-cooler more detail though a pain to source either of these now as NOS is often not...

If you have Hovlands (yellow caps) in it then you've done well as they are impossible to source now and make a very worthwhile improvement.

Unless very different from mine/normal I don't think they are big-just normal case sized?

• Like 1

Should have said big for a phono stage, yes got all the poncy Yellow, caps Kondo wiring etc  in my Vinyl One, another thing put Herbies Tube dampers in there and that really brought nice increase in sound quality all in all a very nice phono stage indeed.:geek:

• 1 year later...

Although I love my Sugden A21a, Kevin at Definitive recommended I try a valve amp with my new LV speakers. He has a AA Concerto on his Stuff List. I'll be trying it in 2 weeks. It will be the first time I've heard a valve amp... Are current Art Audio pleased with theirs? Are there any alternatives for around £3500 I should also consider?

As mentioned in the Living Voice thread I had the Art Audio Diavalo when I had my LV speakers. Great amps but at around £3,500 there are a few others I would want to listen to before settling. 

The latest Jadis integrated, for example,  looks like stunning value to me for around £3,200 I believe. 

No mention so far of the 6 watt Art Audio PX-25 SET.  Truly wonderful sound if you have sensitive speakers, particularly with music such as female voive. 

My other Art Audio was the 845-based Carissa SET.  Again a great amp with a whopping 18 watts!  Plenty enough playing full-blooded orchestral music theough my Avantgardes!

Edited by hearhere