theschoolmaster

WANTED - Sugden Connoisseur Craftsman t/table

Hi. I'm new to HiFiWigWam, and it looks like a great place to browse (and to empty the bank account!).

I have recently embarked on a nostalgic hi-fi trip into the 70s, and am refurbishing a somewhat sad-looking Sugden Connoisseur Craftsman III turntable. But I need to have another one in order to cannibalize bits between the two and hopefully end up with a good finished item. Any chance anyone has one (or even parts of one) lurking somewhere that they want to sell? Please do get in touch if you have, or know where I might look! Thanks.

Super Wammer

Welcome to the Wam.

If you complete your profile info, people will know where you live which might make a difference to the help they can offer.

Super Wammer

There is for example this... but as far as I know this could be you selling yours!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254687700739

I have a main bearing and platter off a Connoisseur but not sure which model. IIRC the platter is about 10 inch diameter. Yours for post and a pint if needed.

Hi g8ina,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. My acquisitive nature will probably eventually be my downfall - I'll take a punt that they are the right ones; so I'll have them! Let me know how to pay and the postage (and at least one) pint are yours.

Best wishes

David

cool, will fetch them out of loft, take piccies and pack em up, Ill PM you when they are ready to go

Here we go, 26cm outer diameter with a groove for a round belt. Looks like a captive ball in the bottom of the bearing. Well balanced, silent. Approx 1.3kg total weight, plus packing will allow it to go 2nd class signed for which should be less than a fiver. Ill PM you Paypal now.

IMG_1204.JPG