Hello - Any other WHF refugees out there?

Still it gives me a warm feeling inside like meeting an old friend that you thought you would never see again .:)

Are you serious, Electro? It's always said that a football manager shouldn't return to a club for a second time, as it's never the same. Likewise with a partner who you've split from (generalising), same goes with forums. It won't be as you remember the old place. 

I feel quite short-changed as that new platform, if they pulled their fingers out, could've been up and running within a couple of weeks. (Assuming you can access the place).

Edited by plasticpenguin

Are you serious, Electro? It's always said that a football manager shouldn't return to a club for a second time, as it's never the same. Likewise with a partner who you've split from (generalising), same goes with forums. It won't be as you remember the old place. 

I feel quite short-changed as that new platform, if they pulled their fingers out, could've been up and running withing a couple of weeks. (Assuming you can access the place).

It's now working !

No it won't be the same and I probably won't go there much but I do have very good memories of it regardless of the flakey platform and the annoying adds .

Edit .

I just realized it only works if you are not logged in !

Ahhh it brings back so many mammaries .:)

Edited by Electro
  • Haha 1

Working now. Somehow, I have good feelings about this. They now have a dedicated group of community moderators from the company (Future group) and also PM feature! 

I'll also be back,  well, when they finally sort out my access I will.

I've only ever been a casual enthusiast who straddled between hifi and AV, wigwam is a little too hifi focused for my taster and av forums is the opposite. I liked the balance in the WhatHiFi forum and will hopefully see it thrive again.

Well my first encounter with the future group mods went swimmingly and bodes well for any future problems. I emailed at 22:32 tonight explaining my access issue, had a mail back at 22:41 with a temp password and it's all working fine now! 9min turnaround!

I'll also be back,  well, when they finally sort out my access I will.

I've only ever been a casual enthusiast who straddled between hifi and AV, wigwam is a little too hifi focused for my taster and av forums is the opposite. I liked the balance in the WhatHiFi forum and will hopefully see it thrive again.

How is this forum too hi-fi focused? It has dedicated sections for AV, computers, headphones, recorded music blah blah blah... no difference other than this forum actually works without any glitches. 

Well my first encounter with the future group mods went swimmingly and bodes well for any future problems. I emailed at 22:32 tonight explaining my access issue, had a mail back at 22:41 with a temp password and it's all working fine now! 9min turnaround!

With the lack of people currently using it they are probably bored.

• Upvote 2

How is this forum too hi-fi focused? It has dedicated sections for AV, computers, headphones, recorded music blah blah blah... no difference other than this forum actually works without any glitches. 

Two channel 785,000 posts. Probably 100 or so new replies in last 24hrs

Home cinema and AV 16,000 posts .One post by Gel yesterday, last one before that was almost a week ago.

It's not a complaint, that's the wam's raison d'etre, my personal preference is for more balance between the two.

It's only just been relaunched. Hopefully that will change, it's got to start somewhere. You were probably the most prolific "poster" in the old forum so not sure why you are being negative and sarcastic about it's resurrection, I thought you would have been glad to see it's return. 

• Like 2

Yes, they're very responsive this time round. And they're doing it the right way. There is now a dedicated community team employed by the Future group to run and moderate the forum. So this will be different (unlike previous iteration where the moderation worked solely on the goodwill of some volunteer members). There are plans to expand moderator base with some forum members too as per their message on the forum. 

Edited by bigboss
  • Like 1

deleted!

Edited by samd

Two channel 785,000 posts. Probably 100 or so new replies in last 24hrs

Home cinema and AV 16,000 posts .One post by Gel yesterday, last one before that was almost a week ago.

It's not a complaint, that's the wam's raison d'etre, my personal preference is for more balance between the two.

It's only just been relaunched. Hopefully that will change, it's got to start somewhere. You were probably the most prolific "poster" in the old forum so not sure why you are being negative and sarcastic about it's resurrection, I thought you would have been glad to see it's return. 

I would suggest that most of the Wammers are more 2-channel orientated, but that's nothing to do with the forum itself. On here there's more choice, including classified section which the other mob refused to implement. I rarely look at the classifieds but it's nice to have that choice.

I have no issues with anyone returning to the other side, but I spent 10 years and over 20k posts and post John Duncan, Andrew Everard and Clare Newsome it became a technical nightmare. No one, it seemed, gave a monkeys. 

That said, I think it's a little disrespectful coming on here promoting another music forum. However, given you and BB have only a handful of collective posts it's largely irrelevant.

I can't see how that is disrespectful, considering the entire thread is about the same forum!

It's quite easy. I have the utmost respect for you BB, given you are a doctor.

But with 13 posts you seem to drool over the prospect of the other bods being back online, when that forum was a sham before they pulled the plug. This sits uncomfortably with me that @TonyTheHat and your good self are coming out lording it over a forum that's past its best.

Perhaps I will flit across to the forum from time to time but you can only polish a t##d so much before you think enough is enough.

Perhaps I will flit across to the forum from time to time 

There's no rush.... 

Edited by TonyTheHat
  • Like 1

It's quite easy. I have the utmost respect for you BB, given you are a doctor.

But with 13 posts you seem to drool over the prospect of the other bods being back online, when that forum was a sham before they pulled the plug. This sits uncomfortably with me that @TonyTheHat and your good self are coming out lording it over a forum that's past its best.

Perhaps I will flit across to the forum from time to time but you can only polish a t##d so much before you think enough is enough.

Hang on, before you accuse me of all sorts of things.....this thread was borne out of a forum closing. I merely posted that the forum is back. Where's the drool? @TonyTheHat only mentioned that his issue was sorted quickly. It's your choice how you look at the forum. For me, the owners of the forum are brand new so actually have no yardstick to compare with. Where's the drool about merely stating facts of what's different this time? At what stage did I or @TonyTheHat urge others to join the forum? You have a free will and are free to choose where you want to post. And don't forget that this site was very actively promoted on the other forum because of which a lot of us joined here. It's just a forum, not an ISA account you can have only one of. 

Edited by bigboss
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hang on, before you accuse me of all sorts of things.....this thread was borne out of a forum closing. I merely posted that the forum is back. Where's the drool? @TonyTheHat only mentioned that his issue was sorted quickly. It's your choice how you look at the forum. For me, the owners of the forum are brand new so actually have no yardstick to compare with. Where's the drool about merely stating facts of what's different this time? At what stage did I or @TonyTheHat urge others to join the forum? You have a free will and are free to choose where you want to post. And don't forget that this site was very actively promoted on the other forum because of which a lot of us joined here. It's just a forum, not an ISA account you can have only one of. 

Hey Bigboss,

You are absolutely on point with everything you say but save yourself the key strokes. Not worth it unless you are considering a new oven.