What Hifi forum passed away this afternoon.

Electro

FAO Any what hifi mods on here, tried to log back into what hifi, but doesn't recognise my details, so went on forgot password and they said they would send a recovery Email to me, but nothing! and that was a couple of days ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mac

As per no piano's advice mail community@futurenet.com. They sorted out my issue, which was similar, within 10 mins. 

Edited by TonyTheHat
  • Like 1

Hi Mac, my elevation to Mod status disappeared the next day, and I imagine the same applied to the others.  It seems to have been a glitch while they were setting it up!  

There is a message saying to email community@futurenet.com for help.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll drop them a line.

Mac

As per no piano's advice mail community@futurenet.com. They sorted out my issue, which was similar, within 10 mins. 

Following your lead I've sorted mine this evening. Didn't take long at all. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

FAO Any what hifi mods on here, tried to log back into what hifi, but doesn't recognise my details, so went on forgot password and they said they would send a recovery Email to me, but nothing! and that was a couple of days ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mac

Exactly the same for me

• 3 months later...
On 01/11/2019 at 12:04, scene said:

I've been back on the WHF Forums - sort of got sucked in.

Feel left out, as I don't seem to have been made a moderator at any point :-(

Nice to see the old posts back - means I can look a few things up... I think they've purged the "Off-topic" forum - which was probably necessary and explains why my post count seems to be 1600 less than it was. It does seem to be coming back to life slowly - I'm going to lurk and post occasionally as I did enjoy the forums and some old faces do seem to be turning up... The Mods seem a bit more involved and responsive, once you spot the address to post issues to :D

OK really sucked in now - I'm enjoying being back there. Every now and again and old poster pops back, which is great. And I no longer feel able to comment on what the mods are like...

Has everyone forgotten that what hifi dropped its forum with no regard for its members?  I seem to recall some ill feelings at the time? And now everyone is skulking back?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nearly bewildered said:

Has everyone forgotten that what hifi dropped its forum with no regard for its members?  I seem to recall some ill feelings at the time? And now everyone is skulking back?

I certainly haven't forgotten and never will. We were dumped because the forum didn't fit with the new owners IT platform... miraculously it now does!

I do enjoy it over there, as I do here, but I will never forget how we were dumped last year... unlike some other members who think that it wasn't WHF's fault that we lost the forum! Not sure where else we could possibly point the finger of blame? WHF forum owned by WHF, WHF close forum due to IT compatibility issues, oh sh*t we've lost all our punters and support for all the newbies we're trying to attract! WHF reopen forum... come back guys we've sorted it and need your free advice and support for all the newbies.

They need some serious help over there as there's only a few experienced guys assisting the newbies, the assistance is primarily coming from the newly appointed mods. It's the same old story though, punter asks a question, get their answers never to be seen again... Hi-Fi is a shrinking niche market.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DougK said:

I certainly haven't forgotten and never will. We were dumped because the forum didn't fit with the new owners IT platform... miraculously it now does!

I do enjoy it over there, as I do here, but I will never forget how we were dumped last year... unlike some other members who think that it wasn't WHF's fault that we lost the forum! Not sure where else we could possibly point the finger of blame? WHF forum owned by WHF, WHF close forum due to IT compatibility issues, oh sh*t we've lost all our punters and support for all the newbies we're trying to attract! WHF reopen forum... come back guys we've sorted it and need your free advice and support for all the newbies.

They need some serious help over there as there's only a few experienced guys assisting the newbies, the assistance is primarily coming from the newly appointed mods. It's the same old story though, punter asks a question, get their answers never to be seen again... Hi-Fi is a shrinking niche market.

I've been back a couple of times, but IMHO too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I have a lot of time for the likes of Scene and Alears, but rekindling the atmosphere of past times will be almost impossible. And yes, the way it was handled left a sour taste in my mouth.

I will on occasions pop my head around the door, but this is my hi-fi home now.

• Like 3

I have taken a look very recently just out of curiosity, but there is not a lot going on. 

As with PP above, this is my 'go to' site now.

• Like 1

We’re never going to let you down!

• Haha 2