Super tweeters..love..hate.. couldn't hear a difference

newlash09

So any opinions on the subject please :)

23 minutes ago, CnoEvil said:

Dunno.

I've always thought that you should just get speakers that you like enough, not to worry.

Thanks cnoevil :)

There's been talk of greater spatial awareness when coupled with even very good speakers, which otherwise sounded pretty good on their own prior addition of the supertweeter. 

Looks much like adding a sub to fill those very low bottom octaves even with full range speakers. So was wondering if folks here have heard one in action, and their experiences.

• Like 1

Super Dealer

What’s the upper frequency limit of your hearing ?

Keith

Only heard them once,  sat atop Quad ESL63 electrostatics and matching Gradient SW63 woofers (the ones that I ended up buying). I preferred the sound without the super tweeters. Just my twopenny worth. Others on here like what they do so probably worth trying to see what you think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Keith

Don't some people believe that they improve lower, audible frequencies even if we can't hear the output from the super tweeter?

Super Dealer

And how would they do that do you suppose?

Keith

7 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Keith

Mine would  be 200hz ...I love bass :D

• Haha 1

Super Dealer

I suspect it may be a tiny bit more extended than 200Hz, there are online hearing tests, might be interesting to try.

Keith.±

• Haha 1

Just now, PuritéAudio said:

And how would they do that do you suppose?

Keith

No idea, Keith, I'm not a techie in any way, shape or form, just things I've read on my travels.

1 minute ago, Gizza said:

No idea, Keith, I'm not a techie in any way, shape or form, just things I've read on my travels.

Same here..I read the same thing online regarding Townshend super tweeters review from hifipig. So no clue as to how ?

Super Dealer

I can’t think nor have read of any mechanism where low frequencies could be ‘improved ‘ by HF extension, there are oceans of anecdote and BS to wade though when it comes to Hi-Fi.

Keith

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
32 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

Keith

What has that got to do with the price of fish?

But to be serious, if 2GHz RF noise can affect a DAC and produce an audible effect, is it not possible that frequencies above the audible range could interfere with lower frequencies and therefore produce an audible effect?

Having said that I tried some and was not surprised when I didn't hear any difference at all.

Super Dealer
1 minute ago, Fourlegs said:

What has that got to do with the price of fish?

But to be serious, if 2GHz RF noise can affect a DAC and produce an audible effect, is it not possible that frequencies above the audible range could interfere with lower frequencies and therefore produce an audible effect?

Having said that I tried some and was not surprised when I didn't hear any difference at all.

Where are your measurements that show RF affecting a dac?

Keith