Sign in to follow this  
Willie Garvin

Free steaks at Marks & Sparks

Hi.

Today whilst in M&S in Huddersfield I was wandering about the food section when for some reason I stopped by the refrigerated meat section.

I was looking at the steaks etc from about 2 metres away when I noticed a  suspicious looking man in his late 20's or early 30's stride

up to the steaks & rummage through them then pick two packs up & run from the store.

I later spoke to a M&S manager who had given chase but hadn't caught the shoplifter & spoke to him about what had happened.

Apparently he couldn't stop him whilst he  was in the store he had to wait until he had left the store & then accuse him of shoplifting but because he wasn't a store security guy he also

couldn't grab the shoplifter in case he took the M&S manager to court for assault!

The manager also said that the police were not bothered unless the goods ran into the hundreds!! He went on to say this sort of thing happens every day

throughout the M&S stores as it will in other retailers!

So I said to him why should us honest folk pay then & he just smiled.

Therefore, if you fancy it, M&S are offering free steaks to those of us with the nerve & the ability to sprint a bit.

Obviously the cost is passed on to us honest folk.

The Police no longer have enough money to deal with shoplifting.  Where I live, they won't come out for burglary. In Tory Britain, stealing is OK.  After Brexit, it will probably be OK to murder people. (Unless you're an immigrant.)

...and unless your victim is a Tory, natch

5 minutes ago, meninblack said:

The Police no longer have enough money to deal with shoplifting.  Where I live, they won't come out for burglary. In Tory Britain, stealing is OK.  After Brexit, it will probably be OK to murder people. (Unless you're an immigrant.)

In 2017, 61.7 % of police time and resources were devoted to running after rudeness and Wrongthink on social media. For 2018 this is expected to rise. No wonder they are stretched. 

The silly war on drugs is another culprit. What an utter waste of time.

75.6% of all statistics are made up on the spur of the moment