plasticpenguin

What TV/DVDs are you watching?

Watched Guy Martin's Great Escape the other night. Not sure if he is brave or totally bonkers.

He's totally bonkers, but I'll watch anything with him in, he's so down to earth. 

On 06/10/2018 at 08:18, Sgt Pepper said:

Still catching up with The Repair Shop (BBC2). Great little series.

I like that. Addictive.

• Like 1

I'm quite addicted to Murder Maps on Yesterday channel. Presented by actor Nicholas Day, there's great insight in the Police methods back in the 19th and early 20th Century.

Edited by plasticpenguin

Anyone watch the Windsors? 

Thought it was quite funny, with Camilla dressed like the Grim Reaper and Harry as the gormless, recovering alcoholic.

Megan: "Camilla said we should relocate to America"

Harry: "Good. Where is it?"

Binge watching ‘Spooks’ on iPlayer. Not as good as I remember them seeming first time around (up to 18 years ago). Sadly the Americans have become so much better at this than we can ever be now.

Given up on Spooks. Every episode with a female actor in it turns into a full-on ‘snot fest’.

Boring after the tenth time. Had the writers met any women?

Watched 3 episodes of The Professionals.

'Man Without A Past', 'In The Public Interest' and 'Rogue'..

All very good outings and great escapism.

Super Wammer

Current watch is a new mini series called Devs . Up to now have resisted making any recomendations as it is only on FX on Hulu but I can get episodes via Kodi . But now seen trailers that it will be coming to BBC 2 so I can give anyone interested an advance thumbs up . Quite a slow burner and sometimes quite complex but I think very well done .

Been watching 'Celebrity Murder Mystery' on Channel 5. I love these type of programmes, reminds me of Cluedo from the 1990s, especially the ones with Lewis Collins as Col. Mustard.

The last two nights I've had my Poirot hat on (minus the silly tash). 

1941 film That Hamilton Woman (Lady Hamilton). Although it's meant to be about Nelson and Lady Hamilton (Olivier and Leigh) there's a lot of references about Hitler. Quite clever.

Enjoying the reruns of Waking the dead.  Justified on Amazon.  Loved the series on Wild Cuba.   Really nice to have a wildlife presenter who gets the point across, without sounding like a Scold!

3 hours ago, Ron Hilditch said:

Enjoying the reruns of Waking the dead.  Justified on Amazon.  Loved the series on Wild Cuba.   Really nice to have a wildlife presenter who gets the point across, without sounding like a Scold!

Me too Ron. Stood the test of time. They were very long episodes back then. Some of the cast, inc. Trevor Eve turn up in the excellent 'Unforgotten',(Netflix)  but in different roles, even though its a 'cold case' genre example.

Jack NSM