Kendal/Lakes breaks for friends & family inc. established wammers: apartment with hifi

Fellow Wammers,

Officially I can't do short term lets of my Kendal apartment (my mortgage is a buy-to-let so intended for long term not short term rentals) and I wouldn't want to do the AirBnB thing anyway as I have stupid light grey carpets and fragile-in-the-wrong-hands hifi... but I do let friends and trustworthy friends of friends stay. Which of course includes you lovely established wammers. I've put that word in bold because I've had the occasional enquiry from folk who have come across this on t'internet, who I don't know from Adam and therefore wouldn't be happy to let use my apartment.

https://4riverside.wordpress.com/

It's not perfect - no dedicated parking and damned storage radiators - but is a lovely space and a lovely base. Hopefully wammers including @stylesound @Fourlegs @oldius @bandit pilot @insider9 @Nopiano will pop in to testify to this.

There is one hifi system and usually two, both subject to change though the main rig rarely does.

Have a poke around the website. Contact me for rates (not exorbitant!); minimum stay two nights; one week gets you 7 nights for the price of 6.

PM me if house-trained and interested.

Nigel

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 9
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fellow Wammers, Officially I can't do short term lets of my Kendal apartment (my mortgage is a buy-to-let so intended for long term not short term rentals) and I wouldn't want to do the AirBnB th

I am told by folk who've stayed that the lounge/diner is far bigger than it looks in the photos: it's 27' x 14'. Main bedroom is 22' x 14'.

A couple of photos of the new main rig

Posted Images

I am told by folk who've stayed that the lounge/diner is far bigger than it looks in the photos: it's 27' x 14'. Main bedroom is 22' x 14'.

IMG_7890.thumb.jpeg.3e528ea1121b98fd25fb3e97da8554bb.jpeg

Edited by TheFlash
new photo
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Nice place, you are a braver man than I entrusting lovely hifi gear to 'strangers'  :D

Nice place. 

Edited by Old Git

fabulous opportunity , thanks for opening this up to folks . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, divedeepdog said:

Are dogs welcome?

if you look at the website , no pets are allowed 

• Sad 1

Amazing offer, Nigel.You're a braver man than I. It looks a lovely abode, I'm sure you will have many requests to stay. My wife and I love the Lake District but we have a 13 month old dog who we would not want to leave behind if we holidayed in this country. I can fully understand your decision not as allow pets in such a well furnished apartment as I would be worried to take a dog along (or a child, at that!).

• Like 1

A very stylishly furnished apartment in the heart of Kendal. Very happy to recommend.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Gizza said:

Amazing offer, Nigel.You're a braver man than I. It looks a lovely abode, I'm sure you will have many requests to stay. My wife and I love the Lake District but we have a 13 month old dog who we would not want to leave behind if we holidayed in this country. I can fully understand your decision not as allow pets in such a well furnished apartment as I would be worried to take a dog along (or a child, at that!).

2 hours ago, divedeepdog said:

Are dogs welcome?

Do they like hifi?

Officially, the 950-year lease says something like "no animals as to cause a nuisance..." so leaving a yappy dog to annoy the neighbours is obviously out... but a placid old dog which is as house-trained as its placid old owner should be fine. Basically, I'm relying on your judgement as you know your dog(s)! There are 40 steps to the second floor so most shoes/boots/paws should be pretty safe by the time they reach the light grey carpet but a mudbath-loving spaniel might need some rigorous towelling...

• Like 2
On 12/10/2018 at 16:51, hifinutt said:

if you look at the website , no pets are allowed 

This is true; better safe than sorry and all that. I've softened that line on occasions when I've known the dog in question, and I've taken my own dog there (I'm usually solo so he stays at home with Colette) - the neighours below heard him padding around but that was fine. But my insurance wouldn't cover me for a chewed leg on the vintage Danish sideboard for example - whether it was a dog or a wammer who did it - so we'd need a gentleman's agreement about covering any costs incurred. Small quiet dogs are fine, big boisterous ones not.

I will need full dog ID including photos, one of which must be the dog in its naughtiest moment. That is a joke.

Edited by TheFlash
3 hours ago, tuga said:

Can I take along my own source and amplification? :geek:

No but you can take along your own measuring equipment.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Old Git said:

Nice place. I imagine there’s a small ‘sweet spot’ in the bedroom? 9_9

Less of the "small" please.

• TheFlash changed the title to Kendal/Lakes breaks for friends & family inc. established wammers: apartment with hifi