Jump to content

Kendal/Lakes breaks for friends & family inc. established wammers: apartment with hifi


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spider said:

We stayed at Nigel's place a few weeks ago and it is fantastic. The appartment is superb and there is lots to do in the area. Heartily recommend staying here, we will be going again for sure.

That’s what you think…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm due up there in a couple of weeks, although from the sound of all these reviews its gonna be rubbish, I might as well cancel :nuts:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bodgit said:

I'm due up there in a couple of weeks, although from the sound of all these reviews its gonna be rubbish, I might as well cancel :nuts:

Yep, it's a pit. Wipe your feet on the way out. Full refund guaranteed until the cheque clears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A cooling 15-minute stroll from 4 Riverside to the castle this evening. Lakeland fells beckoning, river Kent and Stramongate Bridge (adjacent to apartment) visible bottom left. Not bad.

33705A68-C1AD-4D13-B5BD-E7CC1CBCE846.thumb.jpeg.4d374daef47f28cf3a085fa8ba0deee0.jpeg

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As some eagle-eyed wammers have already spotted, the hifi system at Flash Towers is featured* in this month's HiFi News magazine.

.

.

.

* I asked whether they had ever cracked the DAC board conundrum on the FLS integrated they reviewed and/or had a manual for it as I couldn't get one from manufacturer or dealer. I was invited to write a letter, including my hifi history and some nice pics, and they would then invite the manufacturer to respond. Incredibly helpful team there, very impressed. Hence one page "feature" = letter.

The update is that I bought the DAC board, installed it, and all is working and straightforward... and sounding rather special.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just been to stay at Flash HQ for a week, I must say its a lovely place, can throughly recommend!

The HiFi is a joy to listen to, works very well at low volumes. The Posselt Albatross speakers look stylish and sound great! The decor and fittings/furnishings are very classy, its like staying in a posh retro penthouse with art works abound.

Future visitors can be assured that the new toilet seat is now fitted securely in place, no more sideways slipping with yer :pants:  down by ur ankles. :? @TheFlash invoice is in the post...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bodgit said:

Just been to stay at Flash HQ for a week, I must say its a lovely place, can throughly recommend!

The HiFi is a joy to listen to, works very well at low volumes. The Posselt Albatross speakers look stylish and sound great! The decor and fittings/furnishings are very classy, its like staying in a posh retro penthouse with art works abound.

Future visitors can be assured that the new toilet seat is now fitted securely in place, no more sideways slipping with yer :pants:  down by ur ankles. :? @TheFlash invoice is in the post...

Glad you enjoyed it, David!

The replacement bath panel and toilet seat were a just-pre-Bodgit project so thanks for putting the new seat through its clinical trials. Invoice paid with thanks...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from a fabulous week @TheFlashKendal pad. Perfect location for the Lakes and walking distance to great pubs and restaurants in town. Really stunning accommodation with a great  kitchen, beautiful furnishings and lovely music. The brilliant weather was an unexpected bonus. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Tassie said:

Just back from a fabulous week @TheFlashKendal pad. Perfect location for the Lakes and walking distance to great pubs and restaurants in town. Really stunning accommodation with a great  kitchen, beautiful furnishings and lovely music. The brilliant weather was an unexpected bonus. Thanks again.

My pleasure, Kevin. I pulled in a favour or two to organise the weather for you, obviously, but you deserve it!

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm heading there myself tomorrow and looking forward to some good northern air.

Take good care,

Nigel

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Back yesterday from a week at Nigel’s beautiful apartment. Kendal is a lovely place, lots of history and all Nigel’s recommendations for places to eat and drink were spot on. We particularly enjoyed Mumbai Indian Restaurant and The Factory Tap for some real ales. Hi fi system sounded great and was a lovely way to chill in the evenings. Fantastic base for some walking in the Lake District. Exceptional, had a great week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, supapeet said:

Back yesterday from a week at Nigel’s beautiful apartment. Kendal is a lovely place, lots of history and all Nigel’s recommendations for places to eat and drink were spot on. We particularly enjoyed Mumbai Indian Restaurant and The Factory Tap for some real ales. Hi fi system sounded great and was a lovely way to chill in the evenings. Fantastic base for some walking in the Lake District. Exceptional, had a great week.

Nice one, Peter. Glad you enjoyed your week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...