Pass Lab

ian917

First watt amps are not exactly easy to get , has anyone ever used the first watt  m2 ?

In the FirstWatt catalogue, the M2 follows the J2, with M for Mosfet, J for JFet. It's the only second amplifier in the range to sell through dealers and distributors.

its described as The M2 takes a backward step from ultimate resolution to go mellower, softer and just slightly voluptuous.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/firstwatt11/m2.html

• oldius changed the title to Pass Lab
  • 3 months later...

I landed up selling the Bryston and upgrading to a Pass XA30.8.

Could not be happier. My new Spendor D9s are broken in and are making wonderful music with the XP20 and XA30.8...

58258A1C-A5E5-4A27-951E-E5F118AFA755.jpeg

Edited by PhotoMax
  • Like 5

On 12/08/2020 at 00:33, PhotoMax said:

Could not be happier. My new Spendor D9s are broken in and are making wonderful music with the XP20 and XA30.8...

congratulations.  The XA30.8 is a very fine amplifier indeed. I also think Spendor work very well with Pass Labs. 

On 12/08/2020 at 00:33, PhotoMax said:

Excellent choice but then I am biased owning the XA30.8 but with the XP22. Nice.

Right now I am running a Linn MDSM (3) as my front end. I have been giving some thought to replacing it with a Lumin U1 streamer and an Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE tube DAC. But then I go lie down until this notion fades...

Edited by PhotoMax

11 hours ago, PhotoMax said:

Right now I am running a Linn MDSM (3) as my front end. I have been giving some thought to replacing it with a Lumin U1 streamer and an Audio Mirror Tubadour III SE tube DAC. But then I go lie down until this notion fades...

Can you feel the force young Skywalker? Do not resist the force. :D

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Still loving my vintage Aleph pre and Aleph 4 power with 100w class A. Superb with vocals

Would consider latest Pass integrateds to save some space but can’t accept the price of USA stuff in the UK. Because of the internet the USA/UK pricing is so apparent. Wish I was still in ignorance of it. 

• Like 1

couple of years ago one hi fi dealer had a big sale of the pass integrated but as you say prices have increased a lot. the minute brexit was on the cards modwright and many other USA brands increased in price. bel canto is great but getting very expensive  

• 3 months later...

Finally got to hear some f5 clones with the impulse taus , thanks to a very kind wammer. These were from mani,s system and made by joe henry 

They are extremely impressive and no where near as heavy as I thought . Velvet and smooth in presentation with a huge soundstage.  Very forgiving of bad recordings and you can listen for hours to them used with a bel canto pre amp 

Hans zimmers Hannibal soundtrack on tonight and akin to being in the cinema with plenty of thunderous bass , musicality in spades . You certainly don't need a subwoofer with these monoblocks even though it's only 25 watts 

Does make the room a tiny bit stuffy but worth it because they really bring the impulse speakers alive 

There are 2 lots of f5 clones in classifieds and any impulse owners would do well to grab them 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A sit 3 has just turned up on art of sound ....Very very rare indeed . Wow .someone grab it before it goes 

mega tempted by this sit 3 , anyone ever tried them with impulse ? 

2 hours ago, hifinutt said:

mega tempted by this sit 3 , anyone ever tried them with impulse ? 

The guys price seems a bit optimistic Phil ?  The F7 at 2k seems better value & would be more flexible with partnering perhaps ?