On 22/12/2020 at 08:08, Chumpchops said:

Brera was good looking car.  front overhangs a bit long, but great styling.

My first wife had 90s spider v6 which was great car if not a little bit to creaky.

My best mate, after years of German cars, bought a Giulia Velocity in a nice dark blue.  He loves it.

Another friend was  sales director for Alfa UK.  He came down with one of the first Giulia QF in country.   It is an epic car and very rapid, plus good looking compared to any of ze German AMG and M crowd.   It’s so fast that he told me he was filling up on way out of London, and a bit of a crowd gathered to look at this new red Italian.  He left the forecourt having switched on race mode, thinking he’d put a show on.   He told me that he booted it and instantly span 180 degrees facing the oncoming traffic.  Red faced he retrieved is dignity and pootled off in Eco mode.  He suggestion that a cautionary note be added to drivers handbook about using race mode on cold summer tyres, was not taken up.  

fantastic car. I’d love one as an ICE swan song before EVs take over in next decade. 
36AC5072-1C3B-4690-877A-721BD35F63B2.thumb.jpeg.6437e37e2a5dab8ff9040aa0e093ed50.jpeg

But not as much as I covet one of these:

D21855C8-46E1-48E2-81A5-18B674C55C1E.jpeg.52d15efff5524b1e1a229c2ccb3384d6.jpeg

Alfaholics are just down the road from me in Clevedon.  Their cars receive universal praise and come with a very healthy price tag. I see them around regularly in Bristol.  Everyone seems to love them and they lots of positive attention.

But I recently ordered a Toyota Yaris, currently in build, so we will see what all that rally hype is all about.  Keeping my trusty stage 2 Golf  R.   An Alfa one day...

I have heard that the new Cloverleaf GTA will be a hybrid.

LOVE my Alfa.

And it’s reliable. 

Just over 2 yrs old, just over 60k miles and the only time it has been to the dealership is for servicing.

By comparison a couple of colleagues who chose Range Rover Velar and BMW 330e have spent more time in courtesy cars than their own. 

705042A5-558F-44AC-AC4D-9C5AA41FDDB4.jpeg

11 hours ago, b1u3print said:

LOVE my Alfa.

And it’s reliable. 

Just over 2 yrs old, just over 60k miles and the only time it has been to the dealership is for servicing.

By comparison a couple of colleagues who chose Range Rover Velar and BMW 330e have spent more time in courtesy cars than their own. 

705042A5-558F-44AC-AC4D-9C5AA41FDDB4.jpeg

Is it a Speciale?

Edited by plasticpenguin
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, b1u3print said:

It is yes. 

Phew! That was a lucky guess.

Your Speciale, unlike the basic diesel or the entry-level petrol car,  comes with all the bells and whistles -- the modern equivalent to a Ti version.

Edited by plasticpenguin

It had to be diesel because of the mileage I cover and styling wise it had to have the twin exhausts / rear diffuser.

The Speciale was the only model that ticked both boxes  

Probably looking at going hybrid next time round due to the tax implications, so interested to see the Tonale when it comes out. 

After years driving Germans I purchased a Giulia Veloce back in 2017. So much better to drive than it’s counterparts and an absolute pleasure to drive and own. So many cars in its class are more like white goods now, boring as hell. I am now on my 3rd Alfa and my son is also on his 3rd. I went from Veloce to another newer Veloce with a different spec and have had a Stelvio for the last 13 months. I drive all types of roads and laugh to myself watching the usual SUV’s falling over themselves at the merest hint of a corner.

I really hope people get over their prejudices as they are missing out on a sublime drivers car and something far prettier than the plan s**t box’s the likes of Audi and VW group are chucking out.

Edited by eastsoutheast
  • Like 2

Its good to hear rom happy owners like you Brian. I am close to buying a Giulia Qf, there is nothing else on the market excited me like it. The prejudices against AR are quite silly really, the reality is vastly different in the real world.

I have 4 friends plus my son who all have Giulia’s and not one of them has had a single breakdown. Across the last 3 Alfa’s my only issues have been minor all of which have been resolved by the dealer without any issues or trouble. 

I don’t know how anyone could choose a BMW M3/M4, C63AMG, RS4/RS5 over a Giulia QF. I firmly believe it’s in a class of 1 and if you do but I am sure you will absolutely love it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mondie said:

Its good to hear rom happy owners like you Brian. I am close to buying a Giulia Qf, there is nothing else on the market excited me like it. The prejudices against AR are quite silly really, the reality is vastly different in the real world.

Agreed. Generally speaking the people who have the most issues are those who have no clue about Alfa's distinct traits. 

Good luck with the Cloverleaf - one very envious Penguin.

• Like 1