LRB255

All in-one box

Before you do anything else, go to Richer sounds, get one of these,

https://www.richersounds.com/yamaha-rn-803-blk.html

try it, if you dont like it take it back, if you do like it then spend the other few grand on music or a good holiday. 

Downsides - none, other than the lack of snob value.

£600 you know it makes sense!

With that sort of budget, you could go for an Accuphase E-370 or poss. E-470 both will take the optional MM/MC phono board.

Or maybe better still the Luxman 507UX.

If the mcintosh 9000 is too expensive there is 7900 on ebay within budget

Edited by alphatoner

Thanks for all suggestions and advice, giving me some interesting research for sure and some great bargains 2nd hand to be had

Also has anyone bought via Hifi Broker as they seem to offer some very attractive prices 

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, LRB255 said:

Thanks for all suggestions and advice, giving me some interesting research for sure and some great bargains 2nd hand to be had

Also has anyone bought via Hifi Broker as they seem to offer some very attractive prices 

I thought I knew about this hobby but obviously not. What’s a Hifi broker?  Links?

8 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

I thought I knew about this hobby but obviously not. What’s a Hifi broker?  Links?

:dunno:

That's a new on me too.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Not sure where your based but there is this lush Plinius in the classifieds. 

Wrong link below please ignore as can't delete on phone

Edited by Lurch

If you can have a listen to the Hegel H190 I purchased one 5 months ago and still get impressed with its sound quality the internal dac is very high quality ive connected my tv through the amp works very well streaming sounds great as does cd play back and vinyl I do use a Rega aria phono stage for the turntable which to me isn't a bad thing as it gives you a choice to pick a phono stage that suits you . Also with 150 watts per channel has enough grunt to drive most speakers without breaking a sweat ATC speakers are a difficult load to drive one of the reasons I brought the Hegel for which it does very well.