Blacksabbath25

your favourite films of all time

48 minutes ago, ian917 said:

Yes. Pitch Black is my favourite. It nearly made my list. :)

Quite like the second "Chronicles of Riddick" 

• Like 1

IMHO the best ending to any film has to be David Lean's Bridge On The River Kwai. The last 5 minutes was a master stroke by Lean: When Nicholson, played by Alec Guinness, realises commandos led by William Holden and Jack Hawkins are trying to blow the bridge up, Nicholson says: "What have I done?" Then a mortar goes off nearby and knocks him to the ground. Nicholson then stands and staggers and falls on the detonator. When he says What have I done? does he realise the game's up and deliberately falls onto the detonator, or is his body out of control and it's purely consequential?  

Whatever it is it's a brilliant ending to any film.

Edited by plasticpenguin
  • Like 2

On 28/04/2019 at 20:51, Pomster said:

One film i can watch time and time again is, is ..... The Last Samuri 

But their are so many outstanding and iconic films, it would be impossible to say which is my favourite

The problem i'm finding now that i'm getting older (56) is that the action films are so far fetched and unrealistic that i find them boring

I play the soundtrack many times , its very moving and evocative 

For a good chuckle it's hard to beat The Return Of the Pink Panther. Sellers was an unhinged genius: Watching some of the outtakes it's hard to believe that they finished the film. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, in my humble opinion probably the best film ever made, so long as you watch the uncut version

my other faves include a whole genre of Chinese masterpieces

house of flying daggers, crouching tiger, hidden dragon hero,  ip man, red cliff etc ,

do yourself a favour if you`ve never watched any of these I guarantee you will love them

Edited by stevebrown

Super Wammer

Priscilla Queen Of The Desert...

Priscilla_the_Queen.jpg

Super Wammer

Pressed to 'Submit Reply' by mistake want to add Forbidden Planet...

forbidden.jpg

• Like 2

Some like it hot.  Watched it many times and hopefully many times more.  How could anyone forget Marilyn Monroe.  For one of the best comedic acting performances of all time, the award goes to Jack Lemmon.

On 01/11/2018 at 21:18, Blacksabbath25 said:

What’s your favourite films that you can watch over & over again 

My top favourite film for me is the highlander I just love that film it’s an old one filmed in 1986 and last year it got remastered which came out on blu- ray and hopefully it will get the 4K treatment at some point .

The other film I like a lot is Terminator 2 but like all the terminator films but number 2 is my favourite which came out 1990-91 but only seems like yesterday when T2 came out it’s such a classic film and still stands up today with modern films  .

53543969-277B-464C-831A-19FC2D2A8B42.jpeg

2A918F94-A4ED-479A-B018-555E003C4AF2.jpeg

I know it's an incredibly old thread but these two films would easily be in my top 10. As would The Matrix, Pulp Fiction, Total Recal, Rambo, Jaws, Deadpool, The Fifth Element and iRobot.

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter.. and Spring

The Assassin

A Touch of Zen

Why Has Bodhidharma Left For The East

A Field in England