GJO

Complete vinyl set up

Basis signature 2200 and Vector 4 arm.

I've had this deck for some 8 year's now,it is in excellent condition with a nearly new Basis revolution belt.Comes with the optional record clamp and Michel dust cover set up tools and DVD will also include a Mana spirit level and digital stylus force gauge. I've owned several high end decks over the years including Voyd's Clearaudio's and VPI's,but this trounces them. It is also a doddle to set up.I do have the packaging but would prefer pick up or meet.

Review and current price.http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/basis-audio-2200-signature-turntable-vector-model-4-arm/  https://www.overtureav.com/shop/basis/basis-2200-signature-detail

Looking for £3000

Koetsu Red,purchased new,this was retipped with an FG2 tip by NWA a few years back and has approx 2-300 hours use £750.

Koetsu SUT,apart from Koetsu's this also worked very well with an Ortofon A90,in good condition £750.

NVO Spa 11 phono stage https://positive-feedback.com/Issue57/nvo.htm  2nd owner for the last 3 years,this has 60's Mullards fitted to position's 8 & 9,and I also have Mullards for position's 5-6-7  but currently fitted are Raytheon CK 5755's,included are a few spare valves and 100-220-330 ohm loading plugs excellent condition.£1500.

Wychwood audio special 55 RCA cables,1 mtr,current retail £139,have 2 pairs at £50 each. 

Items located in TN8.PM me if you need better pictures.

28-4-18 005.JPG

bake off.jpg

Edited by GJO

Please note,the Basis TT does not come with the calibrator base or VTA adjuster,these are optional extras and would add about 3K to the prices shown in the link.

First owner had it for 2 years,I've had it for 3,so about 5 years old.

Decided not to send the SUT to Poland,there seems to be to many pitfalls,so back up for sale.

I heard this system on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning.

Its top class imo. I like the fact that the amplification is all valve. Over the years Ive come to realise that the best listening experiences Ive had in my systems and those of friends (and colleagues) and at shows have all had valve equipment somewhere in there.

Graham was telling me that the NVO phono stage first came to his attention in a bake off situation where Hayward's one did very well. It has an outboard power supply. It was then Graham set about looking for one of his own.

The Pathos power amp I do not know much about, nor the Amphion speakers. From the overall sound, which got better and better as time went on they must be doing an excellent job. Graham has a dsp unit before the power amp, ironing out any probs in the room's bass characteristics.

The turntable is a rare and desirable Basis. I gave it a little nudge when at rest to feel out the suspension system - seemed just the right amount of 'give' to me. Its superb in looks and the arm looks a gem and is certainly a good visual match for the deck. There is a Koetsu retipped cartridge and step up.

At the end of Wednesday graham played 'Stop Making Sense' by Talking Heads - an album I know well. I was forced to sit up and take stock of my own system having heard the rendition that graham's system gave these tracks. The vocals had inflections that I hadnt heard before and the overall presentation and separation was great. It sounded a system that would reward long listening sessions without strain. Uhm....not exactly 'back to the drawing board' for me (as my system is more budget high end than out and out best available) but good enough to provide food for thought. That's something because on the quiet most of my friends and I think each of us has a better system than the next guy...haha...so it takes something out of the ordinary to impress.

Graham's sale is noteworthy - I dont think Ive seen such a good system sale for some time.

And whilst its still all there and not part sold it has to be a good time to swan down to Edenbridge for a listen

Jack NSM

Edited by Non-Smoking Man
  • Like 1

I'll add that Graham has always run seriously good vinyl systems and is utterly kosher to deal with. Even as a mod, I have no fear in adding that.

Price drop before the auction site.

Basis TT and arm. £3000.

NVO phono £1500

:)

Please note the RDC puck shown in the 2nd picture is not included,the Basis clamp in the first picture is the current one included.

Edited by GJO

Due to unforeseen circumstances this sale is now on hold until sometime next year.