Nice!

And some kind of cable lifters? Porcelain?

Yes. Or so I think. Got them free with the target rack that I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since our house move last year, it's been a long but worthwhile wait for a Quadrapspire Qube cabinet to hide all the not so elegant bits and pieces. After its arrival on Friday, the hifi is looking mu

The morning sun causing the pearl dark gray to shine silver caught my eye. 

My straightforward system with ADSM/3 and A2200 feeding passive Akubariks. Brings joy and relaxation every day after work. One hour a day keeps the doctor away  The TV is rarely used but when it happe

Posted Images

Nice. The art is fantastic too.

It’s all for sale! The artwork I mean

4 minutes ago, zee9 said:

It’s all for sale! The artwork I mean

I’d love to....after I finish paying off the Akubariks👹

• Like 1

Please note the latest addition to my listening room.

I picked up a second pair of Vicoustic Extreme Bass Traps yesterday, that you can see on the right side of the glass sliding door, next to the Akudoriks. 

My friend PDW recently added some additional Vicoustic Extremes Bass Traps, to the 2 sets he already had, and was staggered by the improvement it made to sound quality. 

I have to say that the addition of the extra bass traps  to my room, was one of the biggest improvements I have heard in my Linn system in a long time.

Thank you PDW!!!

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

• Like 8

I would also like to send a photo but then I have to clean up. Because of Corona my sisters are not willing to get order in here at the moment.

By the way, I still can't get over the mop behind the tweeter.

Edited by JPO2005
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Please note the latest addition to my listening room.

I picked up a second pair of Vicoustic Extreme Bass Traps yesterday, that you can see on the right side of the glass sliding door, next to the Akudoriks. 

My friend PDW recently added some additional Vicoustic Extremes Bass Traps, to the 2 sets he already had, and was staggered by the improvement it made to sound quality. 

I have to say that the addition of the extra bass traps  to my room, was one of the biggest improvements I have heard in my Linn system in a long time.

Thank you PDW!!!

A good looking set-up you have Paul. Good to see another system set up along the long wall of a room. Interesting to see the bass traps are off the ground, instinctively I would have thought they would be near to ground level.

As you have a TV screen between your speakers, one suggestion I would make is to buy/make/improvise a soft fabric cover for the screen to use when listening to music to cut down on sound reflection from the screen which should improve your system's imaging.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HansBertil said:

@Paulssurround Do you see/hear any reason to adjust SO now with the new bass trap? 

Great question.

I spent around 6 hours listening to music after adding the new bass traps, and the last couple of hours were spent doing SO.

In the end, I went back to the original SO profile I had before I had added the bass trap, as that had the best sound quality and aliveness to the music.

1 hour ago, Fazioli said:

A good looking set-up you have Paul. Good to see another system set up along the long wall of a room. Interesting to see the bass traps are off the ground, instinctively I would have thought they would be near to ground level.

As you have a TV screen between your speakers, one suggestion I would make is to buy/make/improvise a soft fabric cover for the screen to use when listening to music to cut down on sound reflection from the screen which should improve your system's imaging.

Thank you Fazioli.

I used to cover my TV with a blanket during listening sessions, but have not done that for a few years. I will try it again and see if it makes any difference.

• Like 1

In those six hours, what parameters were you experimenting with?

On 14/08/2020 at 04:46, Fazioli said:

This evening I placed a single thick towel over the middle of the 65 inch TV.

The towel covered approximately 50% of the screen.

Overall, I would say that it was an improvement in terms of smoothing out the music making it slightly less treblely. However, at the same time, it slightly reduced the sound stage

I forget where I read it but I did read an informative thread on the sound quality impact of having your main two speakers closely flanking a large flat screen tv...

• 2 months later...

My secundary system consisting of linn LK components (lk240, wakonda and kudos) and Majik Speakers, BK sub, Thorens td316 turntable with goldring e3 cartridge.

Enjoyable to listen to and nostalgia for myself.

linn lk system.jpg

• Like 4