6 minutes ago, Johannes said:

This is a big mistake.

SO is a digital equalizer to correct errors. If there are no errors, there is no need to use SO.

SO is - like bass and treble correction - an intervention in the  music signal. If you have problems with your room, SO may be a good tool to solve them.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since our house move last year, it's been a long but worthwhile wait for a Quadrapspire Qube cabinet to hide all the not so elegant bits and pieces. After its arrival on Friday, the hifi is looking mu

The morning sun causing the pearl dark gray to shine silver caught my eye. 

My straightforward system with ADSM/3 and A2200 feeding passive Akubariks. Brings joy and relaxation every day after work. One hour a day keeps the doctor away  The TV is rarely used but when it happe

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, SnapperMike said:

Nice! I spent several days in Helsinki a few years ago whilst working. I remember enjoying an ice hockey match at Helsingin Jäähalli but I don't remember who was playing.

It must be HIFK or Jokerit. Jokerit plays nowadays in KHL. I don't support neither of them. I'm originally from northern Finland and support Kärpät from Oulu.

Edited by igoroy
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ben Webster said:

SO is a digital equalizer to correct errors. If there are no errors, there is no need to use SO.

Oh, we have found the ideal space.

Some amazing new Linn systems here. Here is a pic of my vintage Linn system which still sounds great to my ears. Next step is locating Aktiv cards. 

66-ED0638-BB1-D-4237-9-F59-173-EE4-CBA55

Edited by HDMan72
  • Like 3

Since our house move last year, it's been a long but worthwhile wait for a Quadrapspire Qube cabinet to hide all the not so elegant bits and pieces. After its arrival on Friday, the hifi is looking much tidier. This is essential because I no longer have a dedicated music room and everything has to be wife friendly.

IMGP9492.thumb.JPG.7aa405dbeef3d9e4c9a00fac75280a20.JPG

IMGP9496.thumb.JPG.67b28d5ba879962efc5f102e38727275.JPG

Generally, the system is sounding great in the new smaller lounge The only downside is a less well defined central image. I suspect this is down to early reflections off the chimney breast on the right and heavy leather sofa on left. Toeing in the speakers and spreading out cushions on sofa has helped overcome this to some extent.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Newton John said:

This is essential because I no longer have a dedicated music room and everything has to be wife friendly.

Looks very neat and tidy. However, I think the box count has redefined "wife friendly." :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Newton John said:

Since our house move last year, it's been a long but worthwhile wait for a Quadrapspire Qube cabinet to hide all the not so elegant bits and pieces. After its arrival on Friday, the hifi is looking much tidier. This is essential because I no longer have a dedicated music room and everything has to be wife friendly.

Generally, the system is sounding great in the new smaller lounge The only downside is a less well defined central image. I suspect this is down to early reflections off the chimney breast on the right and heavy leather sofa on left. Toeing in the speakers and spreading out cushions on sofa has helped overcome this to some extent.

Wow! That is a beautiful system in a beautiful looking house. I would love to hear your system one day. Maybe when we are allowed to travel again?  I'm only a couple of hours away!

Mike.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Newton John said:

You'd be most welcome. Hopefully, that'll be possible before long.

Thank you John. I look forward to that. I never leave Scotland without malt Whisky at hand!

Mike.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Newton John said:

Wow

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Newton John said:

Truly a dream system for most of us Linn owners. Fantastic.    😊

• Like 3

Had no idea that the komris are that tall. How tall are they if I may ask?

mdsm/3 >> Akurate 4200/3200/3200 >> Aktiv Akurate 242 (mark 1) Silvers/K400
  • Like 1