radiant red

Kralk Audio TDB Range

3 hours ago, simon ess said:

I find myself strangely drawn to the TDB 12s.

I'm trying to convince myself that, despite the company's statement that they need a large room and to be played loud, they would be great in my 4m x 3 1/2m room at medium and low volume.

My current speakers are well into the room, well away from walls, so...

Ask Alan, he'll be very honest with you.

10 hours ago, radiant red said:

I think it depends on what sound you want. Bloated bass isn’t one of mine lol.

Bloated bass can be caused by even a small standmount speaker. It's not the size of the speaker but the low frequency extension combined with room gain, that causes bass bloat (basically a peak or peaks in the low frequency response). I know at least one of the large JBLs have an f3 (-3db point) of 50hz and should be fine in most small rooms.

• Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts folks.

My problem, well not problem as such, is my current speakers are very, very good, but after 10 years or more I fancy a change.

Big 12" brutes appeal because they might offer something different, but I very much doubt the TDB 8 will be worth bothering with.

Oh, and I have next to no budget.

Does that make any actual sense?

Edited by simon ess

26 minutes ago, simon ess said:

My problem, well not problem as such, is my current speakers are very, very good, but after 10 years or more I fancy a change.

Big 12" brutes appeal because they might offer something different, but I very much doubt the TDB 8 will be worth bothering with.

You have something you like, and which works well. You want to change it for something that might not work as well, and which you can't really afford.

For many people on this forum, that makes perfect sense. Believe me, as a fellow box addict, I actually understand the 'logic' here :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

The 30.4's were playing the vinyl telarc 1812 overture at the North West Audio Show. Holy shit, for £3K they are amazing. I reckon Focal would be asking +£20K for this level of performance. Massive soundstage and scale of sound. Effortlessly loud on the end of a Vincent hybrid integrated, with gut-punch bass. These things do not need subs!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, walriley said:

The 30.4's were playing the vinyl telarc 1812 overture at the North West Audio Show. Holy shit, for £3K they are amazing. I reckon Focal would be asking +£20K for this level of performance. Massive soundstage and scale of sound. Effortlessly loud on the end of a Vincent hybrid integrated, with gut-punch bass. These things do not need subs!

Hi Walriley :)

I must admit Iam very very interested in the bigger kralks.  So Iam very happy to see your listening impressions of the same. But I've never heard a focal ever. How do you think the kralk will compare with ATC and PMC, as these are two speakers whose sound Iam familiar with. Thanks for your time 

On 08/07/2019 at 22:07, simon ess said:

Take a look at the JBL’s Phil (Nut) is selling in the classifieds 

Any idea when new Kralk models will be on the market?

(these days I listen to Kralk tdb-6 more and more and thinking about selling my Spendor D9)

I recently heard Kralk's top of the range speaker and they are really special. I tried to persuade Kralk to attend NEBO 11 but they had a show lined up the same day unfortunately. Hopefully the next one.

Super Wammer

Does anybody in London or the south east have a pair of the TBD-10 or TBD-12 they’d be willing to let me hear?

I am awaiting delivery of a pair of TDB6s, due next Wednesday. Alan is a lovely guy to deal with and mentioned that he’s appearing at a hifi show in Leamington Spa on 22/23 September. No doubt many of you will know about the show, why not pop into his room or stand if you’re attending? 

I would love to hear the TDB12 pro monitor

Hi guys I was thinking about trying the Kralk Audio TDB 6 but also 8 . Im mostly lesson all kind of jazz , instrumental music no heavy rock or metal but David Bowie , Lou Reed , Nick Cave of coursexD yes . How would you compare both this 6 and 8 to Rega Jura which I know or Spendor S6-8 or S6e-S8e or Spendor A6R. Would be happy to hear your feedback and experience.

One more to say my amplifier is Aura va 80 se and in another system Morgan audio deva 500 pre amp and power amp.

Thank you 

Edited by wulisu

Super Wammer

Hi guys I was thinking about trying the Kralk Audio TDB 6 but also 8 . Im mostly lesson all kind of jazz , instrumental music no heavy rock or metal but David Bowie , Lou Reed , Nick Cave of coursexD yes . How would you compare both this 6 and 8 to Rega Jura which I know or Spendor S6-8 or S6e-S8e or Spendor A6R. Would be happy to hear your feedback and experience.

One more to say my amplifier is Aura va 80 se and in another system Morgan audio deva 500 pre amp and power amp.

Thank you 

I don’t think the 8’s would be for you.. like to be driven hard. See the article I’ve done on this thread and on the owners page. I can’t comment on the 6’s but give Alan a shout at Kralk and he will guide you.

I don’t think the 8’s would be for you.. like to be driven hard. See the article I’ve done on this thread and on the owners page. I can’t comment on the 6’s but give Alan a shout at Kralk and he will guide you.

Thanks for your comments. I will contact with Alan,  but would be nice to hear the  other people and their experiences