radiant red

Kralk Audio TDB Range

Super Wammer

Thanks for your comments. I will contact with Alan,  but would be nice to hear the  other people and their experiences  

Don’t know of any other 8 owners on here. 

@mentt has the 6’s and @Idlewithnodrive had the 2’s and 6’s

Hi guys I was thinking about trying the Kralk Audio TDB 6 but also 8 . Im mostly lesson all kind of jazz , instrumental music no heavy rock or metal but David Bowie , Lou Reed , Nick Cave of coursexD yes . How would you compare both this 6 and 8 to Rega Jura which I know or Spendor S6-8 or S6e-S8e or Spendor A6R. Would be happy to hear your feedback and experience.

One more to say my amplifier is Aura va 80 se and in another system Morgan audio deva 500 pre amp and power amp.

Thank you 

TDB6 will do good with Music that you mentioned. Can’t comment on TDB8 as I don’t have read life experience with those. Per Alan TDB8 was voiced more for rock music...I can compare tdb6 with Spendor D9 and the level of performance is surprisingly very close. Yes, different signature, different format(bookshelf vs floorstanders) but when  I listen to tdb6 I don’t think I am listening to inferior speakers and I don’t miss D9. Actually I enjoy music more via tdb6. Also can’t comment on your amps. I am using tdb6 with passlabs xa25/xp12, but they worked well with all amps that I have tried(Teac 501 for example)

Anyone heard the big TD12's so far. Everything I've read in this thread suggests a fast sound with tight bass. Just my kind of speakers. So curious about this big range topping model :)

I am using TDB 12's. They do what they say on the tin as it were. That is they are at there best played with a little purchase on the volume dial. I have had to tune down the high frequency as it takes some getting used to coming from a smooth sounding floorstander. I am having a little trouble getting the mid range to intergrate. I may dial it right down. Overall though they are a highly musical speaker and a lot for the money. I would love to hear them with a decent valve amp. They are a typical monitor and expose any flaws in a recording. I am using Kimber speaker cable which I am thinking of swapping out in favour of my old smoother wires.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Kralk Audio 30-4 Loudspeaker Prototype Cranage 2019apparently around £3000

I've heard these several times when visiting vinyl passions demo room.

Admittedly the front end was to die for..one of Mark's vinyl incarnations. 

But for 3 grand for a hand made speaker the sound was awesome. 

Spent a couple of hours listening to a wide variety of music and they handled everything with aplomb..

Think they do need space and Vinyl Passions demo room is big

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 3

I currently have Acoustic Energy 301 speakers, I've been really happy with them but have a hankering to try the Kralks, possibly the TDB 6.  Just wondered if anyone had tried both or could give me a possible comparison please?  Vincent SV500 Amp

Hello everyone!

Anybody have the tdb 12? Im thinking of them and they would be placed in youre normal concrete 25m2 room on the long wall. 

The triangle would be about 3m.

I have a pair and they are very good. They do however stick to their design brief and need to be played loudly. They are a typical monitor and very revealing of both recordingd and ancillary equipment. \they don't like cold rooms either. That said once you have them tuned to your room they are great. They should sound pretty good in the configuration you suggest. What gear will you be using with them?

Hi,

Thought of running them with tubes. Sources turntable,cd and stream.

The only problem is that  I dont listen to music at high volume levels very often more medium and sometimes in the evening low.

The reasons why I am interested in these speakers is the 12" driver and sensitivity. And because of that it would be nice to have a tube amp in the setup.

Looking at the specs makes me think of not missing any low end for the music that I listen to. And maybe even the "ease" of it as it is presented.

Ive had fullrange (omega) omnidirectional (duevel) and now after moving to a new appartment as a temporary option wharfedale denton 80th anniversary small standmount speakers.

My music taste is broad and I am allways looking for new sounds. 

I also like the look a lot lol.

The real problem for me is that I dont live in the UK so I cant hear them first not to talk about listening to them at home....

Thank you for any further thoughts.

To AmpMan

If you’re anywhere near Bristol you’re welcome to pop over and listen to my TDB6s. I really like them on the end of my Denon PMA2500NE with a Sony CDP and Aries Mini attached. 

Super Wammer
On 22/12/2019 at 09:38, Synthe said:

Hi,

Thought of running them with tubes. Sources turntable,cd and stream.

The only problem is that  I dont listen to music at high volume levels very often more medium and sometimes in the evening low.

The reasons why I am interested in these speakers is the 12" driver and sensitivity. And because of that it would be nice to have a tube amp in the setup.

Looking at the specs makes me think of not missing any low end for the music that I listen to. And maybe even the "ease" of it as it is presented.

Ive had fullrange (omega) omnidirectional (duevel) and now after moving to a new appartment as a temporary option wharfedale denton 80th anniversary small standmount speakers.

My music taste is broad and I am allways looking for new sounds. 

I also like the look a lot lol.

The real problem for me is that I dont live in the UK so I cant hear them first not to talk about listening to them at home....

Thank you for any further thoughts.

I think you need to look at Tannoys for that brief .. cost a bit more but worth it 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, radiant red said:

I think you need to look at Tannoys for that brief .. cost a bit more but worth it 

What model? 

The only tannoy I would be interested in is something with a 12 inch or bigger driver. And the cost of that would be something else than a kralk tdb12...

If I would have that money I would be going for something totally different than a tannoy. 

But yea just thoughts...

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, Synthe said:

What model? 

The only tannoy I would be interested in is something with a 12 inch or bigger driver. And the cost of that would be something else than a kralk tdb12...

If I would have that money I would be going for something totally different than a tannoy. 

But yea just thoughts...

As already stated by me and others, Kralk just don’t do low level like you want. A speaker can only relay what is fed to it and the art is one that can be master of all.

if your budget is around £1200 you can buy from Kralk on a money back if not happy up to 21 days (although the law for distant selling is 28 😜

im not saying the Kralks are bad but I did a detailed find on the 8’s here but the 12’s are a completely different ball game. Paper pulp main driver for one. Alan does travel and set up the 12’s for you and it is part of his excellent service so give him a call and he will be happy to tell you the facts

• Like 1

Super Wammer
8 hours ago, Synthe said:

Btw do harbeths open up with low volume? Heard them a couple of times but never played at lover levels.

I had Harbeths before my divorce and sold everything. Been messing over the years and took the plunge again because I couldn’t find anything that gave me what the Harbeths did with class A. Low level is a must for me and the combination does all levels without loosing the bass 

6 hours ago, radiant red said:

I had Harbeths before my divorce and sold everything. Been messing over the years and took the plunge again because I couldn’t find anything that gave me what the Harbeths did with class A. Low level is a must for me and the combination does all levels without loosing the bass 

Thanks again for the reply. That sounds good. I will give those I try at home when my trusty dealer has them up used quite often.

Will be trying the super 5's first.

And sorry everyone for messing with harbs in the kralk section.