SnapperMike

Jazz on the BBC?

Super Wammer

There is some jazz on BBC Radio 3. "Jazz Record Requests" is what it is says it is on the tin. "J to Z" is magazine style of programme including interviews, some concert recordings and recent releases and tends to cover more contemporary jazz, and is hosted by jazz musicians and writers, i.e. people in the industry.  Jazz Now usually concentrates on more lengthy concert performances from comtemporary performers.  I wouldn't let the term "comtemporary" put you off - jazz is a broad church of course !

k

Following up an earlier suggestion, if you can get your hands on an internet radio there are hundreds of jazz stations of all colours from anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, khapahk said:

There is some jazz on BBC Radio 3. "Jazz Record Requests" is what it is says it is on the tin. "J to Z" is magazine style of programme including interviews, some concert recordings and recent releases and tends to cover more contemporary jazz, and is hosted by jazz musicians and writers, i.e. people in the industry.  Jazz Now usually concentrates on more lengthy concert performances from comtemporary performers.  I wouldn't let the term "comtemporary" put you off - jazz is a broad church of course !

k

Great, thanks khapahk, I will check out BBC Radio 3. Contemporary is good for me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mr.me said:

Following up an earlier suggestion, if you can get your hands on an internet radio there are hundreds of jazz stations of all colours from anywhere in the world.

Thanks mr.me, yes I do listen via streaming, even to the BBC. The problem I have with most radio other than the BBC, whether it be online or broadcast is that it's commercial which means adverts which I just can't listen to. Hence me asking about the BBC specifically. The BBC is a fantastic product and I am more than happy to pay my licence fee for such quality advertising free listening/viewing. Please note, I do not work for the BBC! :D

• Like 1