New linn user - Using kazoo

Andreadw

I have just installed a linn akurate and am using Kazoo.  I cannot do the following:

1) Shuffle any playlist on tidal

2) shuffle any playlist using the playlist option on Kazoo

3) play a whole album on tidal

I can only play individual songs and then they stay in the Kazoo main room playlist.

Very frustrating - can anyone help?

Here's the 'manual':  

http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Kazoo_Manual

On a Linn DS, the playlist 'lives' on the Ds, not in the control point, so it all works slightly differently than traditional upnp renderers and control points.

You would add your album from Tidal to the Ds and then play it/shuffle it from there.

Kazoo is a bit naff, Linn have a new control point in development....

Thanks for the rely.  I can’t shuffle the playlist even after copying to the DS.  I can see the playlist but can only play one song at a time on the playlist.  The song that I play is then added to a main room playlist which is the room where the DS lives but that means I can only get one playlist which seems a bit weird

I'm a long time Linn DS user (went away for a while but came right back) and have used a fair few control apps and have come to the conclusion that Kazoo is actually pretty poor. My recommendation is to delete Kazoo, spend £3.99 on Bubble DS Next and save yourself a load of hassle and fiddling about. I just checked and I can definitely do the three things you outlined in your first post. Bubble DS is by far and away the best I've found (although I'm sure others here may have found others), give it a go and see what you think.

Playlists are a function of either the control point or the server.  I don't use Tidal so can't help there, but you would choose one of your pre-made playlists which are stored either on Tidal, your control point or your local server and then send that to the Ds.  The ds has just the one playlist (probably not the right term, maybe queue would be better).   You can then turn on the shuffle feature and it will shuffle the tracks storee in the Ds playlist.  You won't see them 'shuffled', they remain in the order you added them to the Ds, but the Ds will play them in a random order.

In think what you've been doing is selecting and playing individual tracks, which get added to the end of the Ds playlist.

I Just use Kinsky, works fine for me and can shuffle etc. Not tried Kazoo. Maybe I should branch out a bit one day and try some others.... including Bubble! 

Is Bubble only available on Android?

44 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Is Bubble only available on Android?

Oooh there's a point, I don't know tbh. I'm an Android user and have been for a long long time so don't know if an iOS version is available or not I'm afraid.

Edited by BB Wan

Maybe a quick search of Apple store (or whatever it's called) would reveal if there is one or not?

On 23/12/2018 at 17:28, Andreadw said:

I have just installed a linn akurate and am using Kazoo.  I cannot do the following:

1) Shuffle any playlist on tidal

2) shuffle any playlist using the playlist option on Kazoo

3) play a whole album on tidal

I can only play individual songs and then they stay in the Kazoo main room playlist.

Very frustrating - can anyone help?

Me too & remember - Give it a KISS...

Keep

It

Simple

Stoopid! :D

1 hour ago, Rayymondo said:

I Just use Kinsky, works fine for me and can shuffle etc. Not tried Kazoo. Maybe I should branch out a bit one day and try some others.... including Bubble! 

Long term user of Kinsky as well as it's simple and works! Kazoo was a right royal fussy fudger. Junked it soon as...

Kinsky does everything I need including adding playlists, random shuffle and loads up quickly.

You might have to download a patch iirc for windows 10 machines but google is your friend there...

Good luck and happy listening. :^

27 minutes ago, BB Wan said:

Maybe a quick search of Apple store (or whatever it's called) would reveal if there is one or not?

I did and couldn’t find it!  

23 minutes ago, parcelmonkey said:

Me too & remember - Give it a KISS...

Keep

It

Simple

Stoopid! :D

Long term user of Kinsky as well as it's simple and works! Kazoo was a right royal fussy fudger. Junked it soon as...

Kinsky does everything I need including adding playlists, random shuffle and loads up quickly.

You might have to download a patch iirc for windows 10 machines but google is your friend there...

Good luck and happy listening. :^

Unfortunately I don't think Kinsky will work with Tidal.

If I remember right, the patch was for the Windows Store version of Kazoo.  Something to do with accessing a music server running on the same ip as the control point.

Bubble is Android only.

Lumin is an alternative, but that's a bit Marmite too!

Makes a change for something to be on Android and not Apple! One option springs to mind, ditch that Apple product ;)

5 minutes ago, phino said:

Unfortunately I don't think Kinsky will work with Tidal.

If I remember right, the patch was for the Windows Store version of Kazoo.  Something to do with accessing a music server running on the same ip as the control point.

Bubble is Android only.

Lumin is an alternative, but that's a bit Marmite too!

:oops:

You're right...

I just went for the stoopid bit! :D

It's been an age since I tried Tidal but it appears Kazoo is necessary for Tidal & I've just tried accessing it via Kinsky and it won't play ball. Glad I don't need it.

Apologies for misleading anyone...

• Like 1