AJSki2fly

Vincent SV-234 amplifier REDUCED £1100

I am selling on behalf of my best friend his Vincent SV-234 solid state amplifier, he has owned it from new and used it for about 18 months before purchasing a valve amplifier. It has not been used for about 3 years until I tried it in my systems last week. 

The Vincent SV-234 is an extremely accomplished amplifier and is designed and voiced to give a reproduction as near as possible to a valve sound from a solid state amplifier. I can vouch for this having compared it directly with my pair of valve 300B mono block amps. The sound it produces is extremely good and punches well above its price tag, as reported in several reviews. It has its own remote control as shown. The unit is unmarked and looks like new, and comes with its original packaging as shown.

I am more than happy to demonstrate it at my home.

It is class A up to 10Watt, which is what you are likely to be using most of the time.

Technical Specifications

Frequency response: 20 Hz - 50 kHz +/- 0.5 dB,
Nominal Output Power RMS / 4 Ohm: 2 x 289 Watt,
Nominal Output Power Class A / 8 Ohm: 2 x 10 Watt,
Total harmonic distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt),
Input sensitivity: 400 mV, Signal-Noise ratio: > 90 dB
Input impedance: 47 kOhm,
Input: 4 x Stereo RCA, 1 x Stereo XLR, 1 x Stereo RCA Main In, 2 x 3,5 mm Jack sockets (Power Control),
Outputs: 2 x 4 Speaker Terminal, 1 x Stereo RCA Rec Out, 1 x Pre Out RCA, 2 x 3,5 mm Jack sockets (Power Control),
Colour: Black or silver,
Weight: 22 kg,
Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 142 x 450 mm

Price is £1100 ONO, collection can be arranged either in East Devon near Lyme Regis or near Dorking, Surrey. This unit is very heavy and if you require it to be courier then this cost, insurance and arrangements are up to the purchaser. 

Please PM me to discuss or arrange a viewing.

fullsizeoutput_38d6_zpslzdhho3a.jpeg

IMG_0197_zpsyowomqcx.jpg

IMG_0196_zps1rxajbpv.jpg

IMG_0195_zpsis1ww9qf.jpg

IMG_0194_zpsmt00fgmg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_38d7_zpso1e0gko5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_38d4_zpschgarq8y.jpeg

IMG_0191_zps0je0kyfg.jpg

Edited by AJSki2fly
Amend price

Whilst the SV-234 is solid state it is designed to lean towards a valve sounding amp, I can vouch for this having compared it with the £9K pair of Renaissance RA-01 300B mono blocks. For the price the Vincent SV-234 it is an extremely accomplished amplifier and I suspect would surprise quite a few on it how musical it is. It produces some lovely lower end as well as great mid and top. Whoever buys this will get a great amp. 

I own a Vincent SV-237MK and if that is anything to go by this amp should be off the charts!

Yes, it is extremely good, in fact as I have it at my home I have been listening to it quite a bit and to be honest unless you spent quite a lot more, and I mean 3 or 4 times more you would not get much benefit. It gives my rather expensive 300b mono blocks a run for their money, and comes a close second. 

Surely someone wants to upgrade to something rather special?

Surely someone wants a lovely sounding amplifier. you really would have to pay much much more to a get a better sounding amp than one of these, it is excellent value for money.

PM me with any questions.

This is a great amplifier that would grace any serious hifi system, it has excellent, clarity and is very musical. Just PM for more info.