Sign in to follow this  
roll_with_it

Cambridge Audio CXA60 integrated

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the above amp, or recent Cambridge kit in general?

I am considering going back to 2 channel for the main system. Whilst it will be used for TV duties mainly, I still enjoy nice sound quality when time allows, and may be prepared to go up to £500 for the CXA60 or similar.

FWIW my speakers are Tannoy DC6TSE floorstanders.

Cheers.

P.S. Hope all is well in the tent - its been some years since i've spent some time here.

You can't go wrong with Cambridge gear , always on the front foot of what's happening and I've never read any really bad reviews . Again only what I have read from user reviews , the CXA60 is a great amp for the money , i'm sure Richer Sounds would loan you one to try .

Edited by Bazzer
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

You can't go wrong with Cambridge gear , always on the front foot of what's happening and I've never read any really bad reviews . Again only what I have read from user reviews , the CXA60 is a great amp for the money , i'm sure Richer Sounds would loan you one to try .

Really, there were quite a few complaints about reliability on another forum. I went to buy a Cambridge BD unit, neither units worked, wasted a long journey, put me off Cambridge. 

Edited by BeeRay

33 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Really, there were quite a few complaints about reliability on another forum. I went to buy a Cambridge BD unit, neither units worked, wasted a long journey, put me off Cambridge. 

Yes really but only what I have read and excellent customer service . I had a 752BD for a few years , no problems and when I put it up for sale I got quite a response and a very good price.

I've had a second hand DACMagic for several years that has worked flawlessly.

Only reporting what my experience was and what others reported. Even Cambridge employee came on to apologise and try to resolve some of the issues. Anyway not all reports are good, to be fair they were not the only brand to have issues.

I had Cambridge audio stuff for years and loved it. However I'd have a listen to the rega brio too.

Cheers,

I must admit Rega is a brand I always wanted to like, back in the day. I tried one of their CD players once and I was VERY disappointed. It sounded very flat and boring to my ears, a massive let down. Thats not to say I won't try the amp though, given the chance.

Soooooooooooo much choice with solid state kit - NAD, Rotel, Arcam, Cyrus, Creek, Quad...

I auditioned the CXA60 against the Rega Brio last year. I really wanted to like the Cambridge Audio, in fact I was sure that would be my purchase before auditioning, but I really didn't like the sound of it and much preferred the Rega.

• Like 1