Qobuz USA launch is tomorrow (Feb 14, 2019)

Interesting, the US price is a 22% discount on the UK price...........................................which is also more expensive than the Euro price.

Must be that the service is better in the UK 9_9

• Like 1

It seems there are no plans to provide Qobuz for Canada at the moment?

I live about 35 km from the US border, and will have no access to Qobuz.   🤔

5 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

There will be a soft launch for the U.S. version of Qobuz at CEDIA Expo in September, followed by a full launch at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in October.Qobuz "will launch in Canada a month or two later," says Spokesperson David Solomon, "but as quickly as possible."10 Jul 2018

13 hours ago, peter@57m said:

Interesting, the US price is a 22% discount on the UK price...........................................which is also more expensive than the Euro price.

Must be that the service is better in the UK 9_9

Tee Hee! 

Or it could be that there's a freer rip-off environment here in the UK.  Some of them must be salivating at the opportunities coming their way soon.

• Like 1

From the 30th March it'll be open season for all kinds of price hikes, all of them blaming Brexit...

• Upvote 1

Last night, I signed up for Qobuz at the "Studio" level, which includes hi-res quality streaming.

The sound quality is quite good, better than Tidal I would say, even at CD quality level.

The music selection is missing some of my favourites, which are available on Tidal.

I'll be keeping both Qobuz and Tidal.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, akamatsu said:

Last night, I signed up for Qobuz at the "Studio" level, which includes hi-res quality streaming.

The sound quality is quite good, better than Tidal I would say, even at CD quality level.

The music selection is missing some of my favourites, which are available on Tidal.

I'll be keeping both Qobuz and Tidal.

I like the idea of having 2 separate streaming services.

One for each ear.  🎶😊🎵

• Haha 1

On 14/02/2019 at 00:30, Paulssurround said:

At least you have a democracy and a health service.......

On 13/02/2019 at 20:33, peter@57m said:

Interesting, the US price is a 22% discount on the UK price ..........which is also more expensive than the Euro price.

Maybe petty, but enough to stop me subscribing. It was the same when we changed to decimal currency, retailers used it as an excuse to hike prices. £299 19s 6d a year is far too much for me. I can buy a vinyl record each week for less.