MGTOW

Help on adding Dsp correction to a streaming setup.

12 minutes ago, Carlbkk1 said:

Thanks Martin, that seems logical. Yes the SBT does have a USB but as Bencat said before, not sure it will work with the DSP as it’s a 1.0 instead of 2.0. Have to look into that.

...also I don't think the stock SBT supports usb out - you have to load a 3rd party app AFAIK.

You’re right Tony, just found this out. I am just using the USB as a memory stick input which works fine so would prefer to only keep the USB for this use.

the DSP only has XLR,  Coax and one optical input. What should i use for each?

95ED91EC-D066-4277-AFCD-35116E37EFE0.png

0C9804B8-3CEF-4C12-9325-8DC7B394EB5A.jpeg

You can buy 2 input, 1 output optical digital switches, which in principle would allow you to use the optical outs from both your CD transport and SBT into the Antimode. I have always been unsure if these may have any impact on sound quality but it would be interesting if anyone here has experience of this. If the switch itself isn't detrimental then this would be the best option.

Otherwise it comes down to which source you want to prioritise as being the most important for sound quality? If it's the CD transport then I'd connect the CD transport via the optical in  and the SBT using the analogue inputs. 

The various cables you need here don't need to be expensive so ultimately you may want to compare some options and see what you think.

Super Wammer
7 hours ago, Tony_J said:

...also I don't think the stock SBT supports usb out - you have to load a 3rd party app AFAIK.

You simply enable the 'Enhanced Digital Output' app on the SBT and you then have an option in the Audio settings to output via USB.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gizza said:

You simply enable the 'Enhanced Digital Output' app on the SBT and you then have an option in the Audio settings to output via USB.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

So at last I've given the DSpeaker anti-mode a quick go.  Bought QED optical cables and an optical splitter online.  Sadly the splitter does not work when the two cables are plugged in at the same time!  Just a warning.  It's not one of the powered splitters.

Initial listening makes me happy - overall improvement with sound in a difficult room, but I haven't turned the volume up yet to a level which I like.

Next addition:  a subwoofer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carlbkk1 said:

So at last I've given the DSpeaker anti-mode a quick go.  Bought QED optical cables and an optical splitter online.  Sadly the splitter does not work when the two cables are plugged in at the same time!  Just a warning.  It's not one of the powered splitters.

I think there may have been some confusion between a splitter and the switch that I suggested above. A splitter will take a single input and allow to send it on to two different outputs (it sounds like this is what you bought). A switch on the other hand would allow you to have two different inputs, and switch between which of these is sent to a single output.

5 hours ago, Carlbkk1 said:

Initial listening makes me happy - overall improvement with sound in a difficult room, but I haven't turned the volume up yet to a level which I like.

Next addition:  a subwoofer.

Sounds like you're still making progress though :^.

Ah, you're right Martin.  I thought the splitter may also work on the inputs (accepting two inputs but only playing one at a time of course).  It doesn't :-)

A switch is what is needed then.