Kralk and Alchris Audio

Rockchild

Jesus

What the fuk happened?

https://kralkaudio.com

I may have has one of the last Kralk's made and I love them

If Alan doesn't make speakers this is a massive loss.

Thing with Kralk was the hand made speaker made with passion and knowledge and It shows in the sound and build quality.

I wish Alan all the best for the future as he's a genuine person who's passion and skills should not be lost

Paul

Edited by PWS
  • Like 4

Sad news, Kralk was a great example of a small home-grown manufacturer/talent in an age of overseas-based corporate behemoths. 

I hope there can be a positive outcome to all of this.

• Like 1

Probably money grabbing bast***s playing their asset stripping game  

• Like 1

I love the way they blame Alan who has run it for 8 years for the failures of the last few months.

If I was Alan I'd be livid at this.

I think they joined at the wrong time hoping to capitlaise  on Alans work and got burned by the virus and lockdown and dont have the resources to continue so blame Alan.

Shame is all Alans hard work over the years may be damaged and he'll have to start again under a different name or get rid of the two chancers and continue with Kralk. 

That post is really damaging to the Kralk name and a poor communication from "Business" men who claim to be saviors to Kralk and Alan.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PWS said:

I love the way they blame Alan who has run it for 8 years for the failures of the last few months.

If I was Alan I'd be livid at this.

I think they joined at the wrong time hoping to capitlaise  on Alans work and got burned by the virus and lockdown and dont have the resources to continue so blame Alan.

Shame is all Alans hard work over the years may be damaged and he'll have to start again under a different name or get rid of the two chancers and continue with Kralk. 

That post is really damaging to the Kralk name and a poor communication from "Business" men who claim to be saviors to Kralk and Alan.

Yeah between that statement and the Stereonet article with the press statement a few months back...not impressed. I think you nailed it there.

• Like 1

The Manordrive Audio Group director does not even live in the UK. Really strange goings on here methinks.

Michael Colin Peter HARLINGTON

Filter appointments

Filter appointmentsCurrent appointments

Total number of appointments 1

Date of birth
January 1971

MANORDRIVE AUDIO GROUP LIMITED (09257579)

Company status
Active
Correspondence address
41 Wincolmlee, Hull, England, HU2 8AG
Role ACTIVE
Director
Appointed on
20 March 2018
Nationality
British
Country of residence
Spain
Occupation
Company Director

Edited by mr.me

Check out the post code for the companies address

A solicitors office....looks well strange...like things are being hidden................

7 minutes ago, PWS said:

Check out the post code for the companies address

A solicitors office....looks well strange...like things are being hidden................

I love a good conspiracy theory, but I'm afraid this isn't one. It's perfectly normal for companies to use a solictor or accountant for their registered address. The registered address for a company is merely the address for official correspondence and is very often different from a company's trading address.

• Upvote 1

It is a curious tale this one.

If anyone is interested details of who owns the new Kralk Audio Ltd are here:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12527031/filing-history

and

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12527031/persons-with-significant-control

All of the people involved in Manor Drive Audio Group are or were involved in the Cannabis Trades Association. Mike Harlington left the CTA earlier this year.

https://cannabistrades.org/p/our-team

Edited by Headcoat
  • Like 1

Looks like Alan has ended up being a minority shareholder in the new company that has taken his trading name and goodwill.

Hopefully he received some financial incentive to agree to such a situation :\

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sat here listening to the wall on vinyl via my TBD6's and its so dynamic and has in no small part due to the Kralks.

The loss of Kralk and Alans skills is a massive loss. 

Edited by PWS
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

I've just signed up to say this.

I got my TDB-12s on 27th of March this year. One of the last pairs Alan made due to CV19 destroying the ability to get parts. The tweeters on mine are silver because that's all Alan had left.

As the pandemic set in, Alan faced obstacle after obstacle getting the speakers to me. But get them to me he did. I imagine that delivering them via UPS cut into his profit margins quite a lot. And throughout it all, he never complained, he was just apologetic for all the things that were totally outside of his control.

A true gentleman and very, very good speakers. I love them.

As for the Kralk web page, I must say that I find the wording deprecating, even snide.

I don't know if Alan reads the posts here, but I truly hope that he can come back bigger and better!

Regards,

Pad.

[edited because my spelling is rotten]

Edited by Pad
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

I've read this thread with much interest. I first came across Kralk Audio at the Cranage show and was impressed with everything i saw, then March 2020 i decided to get a pair of TDB 12 speakers and to my dismay Alan told me he couldn't get the 12" drive units anymore and to give him a call later in the year. 

i'd started a thread about this on AOS and fortunately a friend who had a pair that he'd bought a month or 2 previous needed to move them on to improve his cash flow. in my 4m square listening room WOW and with the PrimaLuna Evo400 integrated amp simply a match made in heaven.

50657009413_ed93935d44_b.jpg

Edited by Jac Hawk
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

3 hours ago, hifinutt said:

Sounds promising. Upon a quick Google, no website yet I could find.

I like the rising phoenix picture 👍

These are an itch I must scratch at some point.

• Like 2

• Rockchild changed the title to Kralk and Alchris Audio