Kralk and Alchris Audio

Rockchild

I assume you mean the AR-10 I have? The finish was one I chose myself @Alan Kralkwasn't a fan of how delicate the veneer was!
I can safely say they're the best speakers I've personally ever heard/owned. 
My first set of Alan's speakers were some BC30 MKII, I then added the PAW stands and I loved them to bits. I upgraded to the KA-2 but they didn't gel with my room, so when I heard Alan was starting up again I mentioned I'd love to try 3-Way speakers and he just happened to have some in his new range. 
Safe to say these won't be going anywhere soon! 
@radiant redthey look even better in person. The finish is sublime! 
Screenshot_20211113-190450_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3147b57c827bf9066af11eb54370add3.jpg
They do look lovely. How do they sound? Warm, detailed, forward, laid back, sound stage etc.?

Cheers,

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

On 26/11/2021 at 17:11, radiant red said:

Is that the burr Oak finish? They look great. 
Not sure how big your room is but I assume they have tuneful lower bass 

Yes, it's the Burr Oak. My room isn't the biggest, 4m x 3m roughly, with the speakers firing across the 3m width. Being as they're not rear ported they work really well though. It took trial and error I have to admit to start with but now the bass is spot on, whereas the KA-2 I had I just could not get them to work in my room. 

Edited by bhope58122

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, bhope58122 said:

Yes, it's the Burr Oak. My room isn't the biggest, 4m x 3m roughly, with the speakers during across the 3m width. Being as they're not rear ported they work really well though. It took trial and error I have to admit to start with but now the bass is spot on, whereas the KA-2 I had I just could not get them to work in my room. 

Good stuff 👍🏻 Is Alan supplying with proper custom boxes now? 

On 26/11/2021 at 17:34, radiant red said:

I collected them, mate. Not sure about boxes but he's just shipped a pair of some others to Ireland I believe so he must have sorted something? As I said though, I'm not sure

Edited by bhope58122

51 minutes ago, Kubs said:

They do look lovely. How do they sound? Warm, detailed, forward, laid back, sound stage etc.?

Cheers,

I'm really not a reviewer in any way, shape or form. 

Detail and soundstage are absolutely spot on. There's not that much detail thrown at you that you'd get fatigued from extended listening. While I've not yet anyway. The bass is deep but never seems out of control. My system you could say is already on the warm side as I've got a Valve Phono Stage and a Valve amp (no digital sources here) but I wouldn't say the speakers add to the warmth, but by no means are they clinical. They're just bloody lovely, and that's the best analogy I can give! Ha

• Like 1

I'm really not a reviewer in any way, shape or form. 
Detail and soundstage are absolutely spot on. There's not that much detail thrown at you that you'd get fatigued from extended listening. While I've not yet anyway. The bass is deep but never seems out of control. My system you could say is already on the warm side as I've got a Valve Phono Stage and a Valve amp (no digital sources here) but I wouldn't say the speakers add to the warmth, but by no means are they clinical. They're just bloody lovely, and that's the best analogy I can give! Ha
Thank you .... 'bloody lovely' ... I'll take that :-)

On 26/11/2021 at 17:34, radiant red said:

He did when he recently supplied my friends Alchris AR2 speakers. The packaging was very good

• Like 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, Knipester said:

He did when he recently supplied my friends Alchris AR2 speakers. The packaging was very good

Good to know.. 

Home loans would be good too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, radiant red said:

Good to know.. 

Home loans would be good too. 

Agreed.😎

• Like 1

19 hours ago, radiant red said:

Any dealer/manufacturer who offers home demos has already factored some cost into their RRP to cover this type of thing as home demo units are often damaged in transit/in use or at best can't be sold as new. Maybe Alan has factored this in you'd have to ask him. I just can't see how Alan would make that work with his current prices they are far too low from what you get.

• Like 2

Super Wammer
22 minutes ago, Knipester said:

Any dealer/manufacturer who offers home demos has already factored some cost into their RRP to cover this type of thing as home demo units are often damaged in transit/in use or at best can't be sold as new. Maybe Alan has factored this in you'd have to ask him. I just can't see how Alan would make that work with his current prices they are far too low from what you get.

Of course, your not wrong but if you 300 miles away, it does sort of rule you out. Maybe once the empire has grown, things may change 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radiant red said:

Of course, your not wrong but if you 300 miles away, it does sort of rule you out. Maybe once the empire has grown, things may change 

Nice day out up north to hear them, bring your sun cream it’s always sunny in Yorkshire 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Super Wammer
  • Like 1