Super Wammer
37 minutes ago, mentt said:

Tdb-8 were per Alan voiced specifically for Rock music. Maybe you would like neutrally voiced tdb-6 more...

Yeah but you can’t have a speaker that has to be played loud all the time to get the best out of it and be lifeless at lower levels. A speaker needs to operate in all areas.. a speaker doesn’t understand music, it plays it and that’s it! Like I said, not for me but I know that loads of others like them

• Like 1

Just spoke to Alan,

Going up in a few weeks so I can demo a pair of 6's. :)

• Like 2

Good luck and enjoy it.:)

#fullreportrequired

Change of plans.

Just mailed Alun to order them. Sod it...will be quicker  :)

Update  :)

TDB6 and stands ordered and paid for  :)

Edited by PWS
  • Like 1

Update:

Mine should be with me next week  :)

• Like 1

Got them :)

Connected them to the amp on sat nite about 8pm and started running them in

Put some 17 hours on them. Again this morning 6am till 9pm tonite and the same until Friday.

Then I'll put them in place and EQ them to remove the effects of the room and then sit back and listen.

Will put a full review up over the weekend :)

• Like 2

Morning all 

I wondered if anyone had tried the Tdb-6s with an Arcam amp? I currently run a FMJ A38 into B&W 602 s2s. I have been looking to upgrade the B&Ws for sometime.

I haven't auditioned anything yet and have a budget of around £1000. Was going to try Dali Oberon 5s Qacoustics 3050i and had looked at the second hand market for PMC Gb1s. Listening tastes are varied. Classic rock,blues, classical, jazz and acoustic. 

I came across the Kralks and they seem to get very favourable reviews. 

So just needing a little bit of insight from current users 

Cheers 

Edited by Natlepan
In correct spelling

Hi Natlepan,

I started with the little DB1's...Impressive for the amount of Bass from a small speaker...nice sound stage but...something was lacking...went up to the TB2+ and a lot better but still something missing...could never put my finger on it...then replaced them with IPL transmission lines...more deep controlled bass but still...not where I wanted to be.

I think I was missing the mid range detail so was looking at Proac tablette type speakers....but went with the Kralks.

Cant give you a fair assessment as they are still running in and not properly set up but just messing about last nite the mid range is something else...its there from the get go...so its looking promising.....update next Sunday eve  :)

Edited by PWS

I

Edited by Natlepan

@PWS looking forward to your updates. 

The TDB -6 definitely look good and the various reviews I have read sound promising 

Hi all, does anybody know if the stands that come with the larger TDB12's would be compatable with sitting on say, Townshend Siesmic Isolation Bars or Isoaccoustic Gaia feet?

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, CleverTrevor said:

Hi all, does anybody know if the stands that come with the larger TDB12's would be compatable with sitting on say, Townshend Siesmic Isolation Bars or Isoaccoustic Gaia feet?

Email Alan direct at Kralk ... he will have all the measurements 

On 24/02/2020 at 10:16, Natlepan said:

Morning all 

I wondered if anyone had tried the Tdb-6s with an Arcam amp? I currently run a FMJ A38 into B&W 602 s2s. I have been looking to upgrade the B&Ws for sometime.

I haven't auditioned anything yet and have a budget of around £1000. Was going to try Dali Oberon 5s Qacoustics 3050i and had looked at the second hand market for PMC Db1s. Listening tastes are varied. Classic rock,blues, classical, jazz and acoustic. 

I came across the Kralks and they seem to get very favourable reviews. 

So just needing a little bit of insight from current users 

Cheers 

I am sure the a38 will sound great !

On 24/02/2020 at 13:54, Natlepan said:

@PWS looking forward to your updates. 

The TDB -6 definitely look good and the various reviews I have read sound promising 

@PWS as am I.  

We've both tread a similar PMC And IPL speaker path. So interested to hear your thoughts on these.