Sign in to follow this  
vinylnvalves

FS - Le Cleach Midrange Horns

Up for sale are my le cleach midrange horns.  Only up for sale because I have built so better elliptical ones.   The horns were originally built for Lowthers   8” throats.  0.85 expansion rate I used them in this form successfully for a couple of years.   I then moved onto using Compression drivers, building extensions to take them down to a 2 inch throat.   Hopefully you can see from the photo the extension pieces, which can be removed.   The horns are made from glass fibre with a gel coat finish. The main part of the horns are around 22mm thick around the mouth of the horn which is 68cm diameter at the edge of the roll.  They are very heavy and non resonant.  The flanges are integral to the horn formed in fibreglass, adding additional stiffness to the horns.

If you don’t like the brown finish, they can be sprayed any colour. The back of the horns aren’t as cosmetically good as the front, as you can see from the picture.

I was using with them JBL 2482’s crossed at 350hz without issue. 

I will be going to the WAM show at Kegworth in March and can bring them to the show.     

Pricing ...  I think £300 for the pair is a fair price for them.  They probably cost me more than this to build them.

CDDDBE23-49F1-47B9-8138-004762AFC079.jpeg

3A68DECF-068F-4590-AF54-AC292089DD05.jpeg

• Like 1

wow, love the looks, like the stereo sideboard too, when a rack just inst big enough...

did you make those yourself ? how !!

Very nice Steve - the Le cleach profile is a hard one to pull off. As you know the gains with le cleach are at the mouth where the 'overound' minimises unwanted interaction.

Did you use hornresponse to estimate the dimensions of the extension? And my other question is whether the 4 bolt holes are specific to the JBL comp driver or an industry standard spacing i.e., can you use a different 2" inch comp driver?

Jack NSM

To make the extensions I used a spreadsheet I got off JMCL matching the existing horn and extrapolated it back to a 2” throat.

With regards to the fitting it’s a standard 4” PCD.  I have used BMS drivers, community and the JBL’s with them.  It would be easy enough to drill some more holes in the flange if you have an weird mounting from vintage drivers.

I have kept with the le cleach style just gone elliptical.....

C94196AC-DD70-47C6-9A54-16A4006274CB.jpeg