Tarzan

Instant Kwoffee

Daft question which is the best one and why?:cafe:

Edited by Tarzan

As an experienced coffee drinker, I’d say the best instant cup, is the one that supplies your desired tipple in the shortest time, with the minimum of effort. :cafe:

A “Bean to cup” machine, gives a fresh ground, fresh poured, and hot ready to drink cuppa, at the touch of a button.

However, If you’re talking about the stuff that comes in packets, jars, or bottles, made by the likes of Notcafé, Tossemall, DireEgberts, or Camp :hom:, then I can’t help. I would rather wash my mouth with soap and water 🤮.

• Upvote 2

A handful of beans into my trusty hand-cranked, ceramic burr grinder (£20) then about 20 seconds until ground.

Into a cafetiere with hot water and a few minutes wait (along with the lovely aroma).

Pour.

That is as ‘instant’ as I am prepared to go.

On 17/03/2019 at 08:35, jkbmusic said:

As an experienced coffee drinker, I’d say the best instant cup, is the one that supplies your desired tipple in the shortest time, with the minimum of effort. :cafe:

A “Bean to cup” machine, gives a fresh ground, fresh poured, and hot ready to drink cuppa, at the touch of a button.

However, If you’re talking about the stuff that comes in packets, jars, or bottles, made by the likes of Notcafé, Tossemall, DireEgberts, or Camp :hom:, then I can’t help. I would rather wash my mouth with soap and water 🤮.

Fred drift but I have a bean to cup (love it) but manual says use dual wall basket for pre-ground coffee yet with the range of grind fineness/courseness available from the machine, somewhere in that range will surely be a grind equivalent to that of any particular pre-ground coffee when single wall is OK - why?

Gee I've just re-read that - does it make any sense?

37 minutes ago, samd said:

Fred drift but I have a bean to cup (love it) but manual says use dual wall basket for pre-ground coffee yet with the range of grind fineness/courseness available from the machine, somewhere in that range will surely be a grind equivalent to that of any particular pre-ground coffee when single wall is OK - why?

Gee I've just re-read that - does it make any sense?

Not really, I think you need another coffee.

:cafe:

There's only one thing worse than instant coffee and that's decaffeinated instant coffee.  

• Haha 1

Nescafé Azerera Intenso, and also their decaffeinated version.

This is just for work though as I have a bean-to-cup machine at home.

Side note for anyone interested: I also use Lavazza's ground decaf which I think tastes good, and there's no way I'd know it was decaf from the taste.

Nescafe  gold barista style or Kenco Costa Rica work for me..