Sign in to follow this  
Monitor Gold Ten

Rega Elex R. Anyone running one of these here?

Good evening all! Have arranged an Audition at Soundcraft in Ashford... It will have big boots to fill! 

All the best, Stu 👍 

I love mine, although in retrospect I'd prefer balance and tone controls. The buttons are a bit strange but I always use remote control. Pretty decent phone stage too.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Yep, have one.. had plenty of integrateds under a £1000 and this is the best by far.. 

plenty of power on tap with with the pace of a Naim Xs without the hardness and full controlled bass. 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

..... would be interesting to know what speakers they are going to use for the demo, if Rega, they will offer a very different presentation to your monitor Audios 

• Upvote 1

Try Home Media in Maidstone if you are in this neck of the woods, i was tempted by the Rega Elicit but after a few demo's i soon learnt a valuable lesson. 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, The Stifmeister said:

Try Home Media in Maidstone if you are in this neck of the woods, i was tempted by the Rega Elicit but after a few demo's i soon learnt a valuable lesson. 

What’s that supposed to mean?

Super Wammer

Each to their own... 🙄

• Upvote 1

Recently heard a Elex-R when I dem'd a new source. They were being played through one of the new Focal floorstanders. It sounded very good, balanced and nicely detailed. However, there is one caveat: No idea how it compares to the OP's current amp.

A home dem is a must before deciding.

• Upvote 1

Had one for about two years.Ran it with atc scm 11 v2 speakers.Sounded pretty good .Just not enough watts for the atc.Then when i got my Harbeth p3 esr speakers,felt the rega sounded abit dark.Even more so when it warmed up for a couple hours of play.Sold it and got a Croft.

44 minutes ago, radiant red said:

What’s that supposed to mean?

over hyped by who, the most ''hype'' I have seen is from owners

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

over hyped by who, the most ''hype'' I have seen is from owners

And rightly so lol! 

More than most things in life, hi-fi is incredibly personal. That's why I never slag off any brand, even though I may not like it. One size doesn't fit all. But that's what makes hi-fi special IMO.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
8 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

More than most things in life, hi-fi is incredibly personal. That's why I never slag off any brand, even though I may not like it. One size doesn't fit all. But that's what makes hi-fi special IMO.

More than most things? Well in my case, picking the right woman was mine.. sadly got that wrong lol 

@Monitor Gold Ten, regardless of outcome, have a great demo and give us some feedback 👍🏻

47 minutes ago, radiant red said:

More than most things? Well in my case, picking the right woman was mine.. sadly got that wrong lol 

@Monitor Gold Ten, regardless of outcome, have a great demo and give us some feedback 👍🏻

I also picked a bum pieces of hi-fi in the past, so we're all fallible. :)