What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

My sound test iphone 7 + Zoom IQ7 mini microphone.

22 hours ago, HoopsOnToast said:

A downsize while we are in the process of moving house. All things being well, the new detached house will have pretty much a dedicated hifi/music room.

Not ideal, but once the sale is complete they will go onto some stands and back into the correct position at the end of the room.

49497671337_b8287123c8_c.jpg

ATC SCM10 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

49505913473_5187d01d05_c.jpg

System by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Nice looking set up there but I don't think the speakers being on the same surface as the TT will do you any favours. I always liked the P9, it's the only Rega I was ever tempted to buy.

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, voyduser said:

Nice looking set up there but I don't think the speakers being on the same surface as the TT will do you any favours. I always liked the P9, it's the only Rega I was ever tempted to buy.

In the second photo, I've added some Acoustifeet which seem to work really well. Its not ideal but its only short term.

Further to my last last post re room acoustical nightmares, I purchased a set of temporary bookshelves speakers on a whim just to test the water (Definitive Technology D7)..

k9F1QYI6_t.jpg

To be fair, given their diminutive stature, they actually sound decent (far better than I was expecting): lovely crisp top end and *relatively* deep, taught bass which belies their incredibly small size (although my room is probably helping!)  They image decently, too. So far, so good.

Of course, nothing's perfect and my biggest criticism so far - only had them a few hours - is their somewhat recessed midrange. Slightly unfair criticism as I am comparing them to my Tannoy's which are ruthless in their delivery of silky smooth mids. Still, that midrange sparkle is absent in comparison so impossible to gloss over it.

Anyway, I have music now so that is the main box ticked which needed ticking. Once the funds allow, I think I will be in the market for some midrange bookshelf speakers, such as ATC SCM 11s or Kefs. This time, however, the process will need to be meticulous i.e. lots of home auditions. Damn, I had it so good in my last place in that the effects of the room were  just an afterthought.. Onward and upward!

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Good photo too 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 19:49, HoopsOnToast said:

A downsize while we are in the process of moving house. All things being well, the new detached house will have pretty much a dedicated hifi/music room.

Not ideal, but once the sale is complete they will go onto some stands and back into the correct position at the end of the room.

the old ATC's looked much better than the new curved.. lovely finish too

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Super Wammer
47 minutes ago, dari said:

the old ATC's looked much better than the new curved.. lovely finish too

Yes, I would agree with you on the looks. I had a pair of Mk2 SCM7s and I think the SCM10 is better built and looks better. I've not heard or seen the newer curved cabinet models in the person so can't comment on that other than photos.

Source

Turntable - Vertere Reference  record player
Arm - Vertere TA1
Cartridge - Grado Aeon &  Ortofon MC A95

Amplification

Phonostage - Lamm LP1 Deluxe
Pre-Amp - Lamm LP
Power -  Lamm ML 

Speakers

Sanders Model 10
REL 25 sub-woofer

Cables - Vertere 

Mains -Off Grid Battery PV System & Loricraft PRC6

Edited by triumph
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, triumph said:

Source

Turntable - Vertere Reference  record player
Arm - Vertere TA1
Cartridge - Grado Aeon &  Ortofon MC A95

Amplification

Phonostage - Lamm LP1 Deluxe
Pre-Amp - Lamm LP
Power -  Lamm ML 

Speakers

Sanders Model 10
REL 25 sub-woofer

Cables - Vertere 

Mains -Off Grid Battery PV System & Loricraft PRC6

Cripes 😮 !  some set up there.

The Sanders speakers look interesting, not come across these before, similar to Martin Logan’s.

Have you always been into panel speakers or is this a relatively recent change?

Used panels for decades &  these are Active + 2 x Lamm for HF , 2 x Sanders magtech 2000wpc Monos for LF & 2 x Rel Subs

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sanders-model-10e-hybrid-electrostatic-loudspeaker/?page=4

Edited by triumph
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, triumph said:

Used panels for decades &  these are Active + 2 x Lamm for HF , 2 x Sanders magtech 2000wpc Monos for LF & 2 x Rel Subs

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/sanders-model-10e-hybrid-electrostatic-loudspeaker/?page=4

Cripes !!! Are you bringing it all to Kegworth ?

Just acquired a Lector Digidrive TII cd transport with offboard PSU and matching Digicode 2.24 valve output DAC again with offboard PSU.

IMG_0168.JPG.4100c656e61979c15b603380d5095778.JPG

When most reviews say this combo is the most analogue sounding digital front end around you take it with a pinch of salt ......but when partners with a 'foo' digital interconnect it's quite breathtaking imho of course LOL 😁.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MF 1000 said:

Just acquired a Lector Digidrive TII cd transport with offboard PSU and matching Digicode 2.24 valve output DAC again with offboard PSU.

IMG_0168.JPG.4100c656e61979c15b603380d5095778.JPG

When most reviews say this combo is the most analogue sounding digital front end around you take it with a pinch of salt ......but when partners with a 'foo' digital interconnect it's quite breathtaking imho of course LOL 😁.

When all is said and done, I have yet to hear a digital set up that really does it for me. Maybe this is going to be the one.  I greatly look forward to hearing it at Kegworth, Keith, looks the doggies danglies!

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 19:49, HoopsOnToast said:

What a luverly grain on your  ATC's Rob.:^