What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

7 hours ago, fled said:

15 yrs ago I had so many Naim boxes I needed 3 racks. 

Slimmed down since then. Turntable is still packaged up awaiting a decision 😳Resizer_15830675973660.thumb.jpg.023fa7faf24b8930c3d3a1eeb01ff421.jpgOI000015.thumb.JPG.213b2dc6c3ebe98372bc9bec05905e65.JPG

Aspara speakers cool

• Like 1

Slimmed down since then. Turntable is still packaged up awaiting a decision 😳Resizer_15830675973660.thumb.jpg.023fa7faf24b8930c3d3a1eeb01ff421.jpgOI000015.thumb.JPG.213b2dc6c3ebe98372bc9bec05905e65.JPG

• Like 1

I will be cremated with them 😬. They've been a constant pain, moving house several times, packing, unpacking. I just love them,  I couldn't imagine life without them, I know their speakers!! But they are so much more to me. 😊

• Like 1

Just now, fled said:

I will be cremated with them 😬. They've been a constant pain, moving house several times, packing, unpacking. I just love them,  I couldn't imagine life without them, I know their speakers!! But they are so much more to me. 😊

I get that. 

14 hours ago, fled said:

Wow...thats a awesome looking setup sir :)

• Like 1

I will readily admit I have a power amp fetish :D

we all have one, dac's for some and cables for others :)

So finally bought, what could be my last pair of power amps. A pair of SET 300B mono blocks, which apparently had humble origins . But have been heavily tweaked over 5 years by the previous owner, so the only thing that is still original is the casing apparently. 

These belong to the same experienced DIY gentleman , who is presently building my new 3 way TL speakers. And some local forum members , who heard the new speakers in conjunction with this amp , went ecstatic with their praise. So I had no option but to buy them, to see what the fuss was all about. 

They are not very powerful, only 6Watts per channel I believe. So if they can't drive the new speakers in my room, they will be repositioned to triamp the tweeters for the fully 3 way active configuration, which is my final goal. Thanks for reading :)

IMG-20200302-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191229-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20191208-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20191208-WA0019.jpg

• Like 5

Super Wammer
On 02/03/2020 at 15:40, newlash09 said:

I will readily admit I have a power amp fetish :D

we all have one, dac's for some and cables for others :)

So finally bought, what could be my last pair of power amps. A pair of SET 300B mono blocks, which apparently had humble origins . But have been heavily tweaked over 5 years by the previous owner, so the only thing that is still original is the casing apparently. 

These belong to the same experienced DIY gentleman , who is presently building my new 3 way TL speakers. And some local forum members , who heard the new speakers in conjunction with this amp , went ecstatic with their praise. So I had no option but to buy them, to see what the fuss was all about. 

They are not very powerful, only 6Watts per channel I believe. So if they can't drive the new speakers in my room, they will be repositioned to triamp the tweeters for the fully 3 way active configuration, which is my final goal. Thanks for reading :)

IMG-20200302-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191229-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20191208-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20191208-WA0019.jpg

Obviously this kit is already on the boat from India with you for Kegworth yes??😂👍🏻

fine looking Mr Newlash09 👍🏻

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

considering what that room looked like mid morning some one has been busy

Enjoy

Edited by dudywoxer

considering what that room looked like mid morning some one has been busy
Enjoy

Just a bit Colin thanks for making the trip

Posted (edited)

I'm clearing the loft a bit.  Or trying, at least.  I brought these down to check them over and photograph (badly) to sell them, but comparing to my Consonance Orfeo, there is so little difference in sound, that I think I might just keep them and sell the Orfeo!  Apart from the flexibility of being separate transport and DAC, they are design icons, IMO.  Strangely the transport will play any of the CD-Rs I have except Verbatim.  It doesn't mind Tesco, Polaroid, even Tevion but not Verbatim.  But then it was never designed for CD-Rs.

Meridian 200 transport and 263 DAC.  But together they are so wide I will have to split them on different shelves.

49622617353_567f42979b_c.jpg

Edited by awkwardbydesign
  • Like 6

On 27/02/2020 at 22:10, Mondie said:

Thanks Lurch and Rabski, does the USB power supply not cause some interference? I will have a root around on Amazon.

I bought this lamp for my turntable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DRFRG9Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I specifically didn't want one that was powered by an SMPS!

• Like 2

Thanks Snoop, that looks perfect for my needs. :^

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mondie said:

Thanks Snoop, that looks perfect for my needs. :^

Yes. It does look rather good and does the job nicely. Also, doesn't need recharging that much!

fullsizeoutput_199f.jpeg

• Like 3