What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

Just arrived, a restoration job from a guy in Slovakia. Paid well above average, but worth every penny IMO.

IMG_20200318_134200.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, alphatoner said:

Just arrived, a restoration job from a guy in Slovakia. Paid well above average, but worth every penny IMO.

IMG_20200318_134200.jpg

Wow...that looks lovely...and I have a fetish for everything gloss and shiny :D

• Like 2

Yes the guy did an amazing job, you would think it was brand new. He even got a new perspex cover made.

His pictures are also way better than mine

s-l1600 (15).jpg

• Like 7

Super Wammer

Well the time has finally come..this is the last evening I will ever listen to music in this space..its been a privilege and and a pleasure and I count my self a very lucky person one last photo..finishing with Frank Sinatra..the Capitol collection..unplayed till now..been saving it..

20200318_191251.jpg

• Like 6

So, five years without any 'new' hifi equipment (bar cartridge), and I find myself with some new toys:

49654220476_fea065e444_k.jpgIMG_1721 by call_me_theo, on Flickr

NVA Balanced Mains Unit. However, dwarfed by this bugger:

49654220396_a4d60ad8c2_k.jpgIMG_1722 by call_me_theo, on Flickr

Technics RS1700 R2R with rare as rocket horse poo remote unit.

49604815597_b596d2ab4e_k.jpgDSC_2019 by call_me_theo, on Flickr

...and a disco ball.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

Well the time has finally come..this is the last evening I will ever listen to music in this space..its been a privilege and and a pleasure and I count my self a very lucky person one last photo..finishing with Frank Sinatra..the Capitol collection..unplayed till now..been saving it..

20200318_191251.jpg

Iam sorry sir...I couldn't understand your post . Totally confused as to what your highness meant :D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Iam sorry sir...I couldn't understand your post . Totally confused as to what your highness meant :D

He's moving house.

26 minutes ago, Theo said:

So, five years without any 'new' hifi equipment (bar cartridge), and I find myself with some new toys:

49654220476_fea065e444_k.jpgIMG_1721 by call_me_theo, on Flickr

NVA Balanced Mains Unit. However, dwarfed by this bugger:

49654220396_a4d60ad8c2_k.jpgIMG_1722 by call_me_theo, on Flickr

Technics RS1700 R2R with rare as rocket horse poo remote unit.

49604815597_b596d2ab4e_k.jpgDSC_2019 by call_me_theo, on Flickr

...and a disco ball.

I don't suppose you'd take another disco ball as a swap for the 1700?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rabski said:

He's moving house.

I don't suppose you'd take another disco ball as a swap for the 1700?

Let me think about that.

err, no :D

1 minute ago, Theo said:

Let me think about that.

err, no :D

Strangely, I suspected that might be your answer. Absolutely lovely deck that, expecially in black finish. Normally I don't do hifi envy, but I might make an exception in this case.

• Like 1

Super Wammer
On 17/03/2020 at 20:38, dannybgoode said:

Is a system ever finished? Well mine is for now with the Baldwin HiFi filling in the gap I had in what I was looking for sonically. 

System as follows; Yamaha CA810 acting as pre amp into the Baldwin 405C. Fed by a Naim ND5 XS2 which also acts as the DAC for the Sony 337ESD (I know - heresy to some) and a custom one off ARB deck and arm with a Rega Ania into the MC stage of the Yammie and a Leak Transcriptor 2001 with an Audio Technica MONO3/LP into a Tisbury Audio Domino and finally a Technics M260 tape deck. All into a pair of rather wonderful LNB Para Lab 20’ and a single BK Electronics XLS200 (hoping to find a second for stereo subs). Cabling is largely by Atlas.

Really very happy with it. It’s taken a fair bit of swapping bits in and out but I’m there for now :)

FDAFA568-9036-4D07-AEB0-90EE1157DB85.jpeg

6A9CCE96-CDDB-4A9E-9A57-E4FE7111194B.jpeg

C3BFF53E-E047-4FE8-A4F0-3C5441B8C86B.jpeg

Interesting collection of gear, though I am particularly interested in the ARB deck, do you have any more pictures of it?

I got Andy to make a deck for me to my design & in the main it was a success, although I did have some speed stability issues with the Rega DC motor. I have upgraded the deck myself with a better sub platter, bearing & main delrin platter, & I am thinking of replacing the ARB arm with something that has a more authoritative bottom end, it does space detail & delicacy very well but there isn't much low down, how does your arm work on it?

Super Wammer

Well the move went fairly well once I told the vendors agents to get their act together or I would pull the plug on the deal..Birchall Edward's must be the worst agents you could ever had the pleasure of dealing with..we were up at 4..removal van came at 8..all loaded and on our way at 11.30 .sat for 5 hrs waiting for keys ..it was dark before the van was unloaded at 8pm..

Anyway we're in..and this is my hifi..for now..

A Vita audio R4 .she's getting on a bit..still does the biz though..

Kindest regards Julian 

20200320_201608.jpg

• Like 4