What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

5 minutes ago, Rosewind said:

I am very close to completing a long, long hifi journey that has taken me from Naim Nac 62S, Naim Nap 140, Thorens TD 160 Mk. ii (supered) + Morch UP4 tonearm, Denon 103R + Mission 737R speakers,  via Naim Nac 252/SC/2xNaim Nap 200 + Linn Tunebox + Linn Ninkas and too many boxes and configurations to count. It is only in the last two years or so that I finally managed to make everything gel after I decided what to make the centrepieces of my set-up and then managed to sell some kit that I could not get to sound right:

This is I think something many will be able to relate to. Your way of identifying the key pieces of equipment and building around those, plus being prepared to let items go that you know deep down are never quite right, seems spot on.

I’m not quite at that stage on my hifi journey but I hope I can make such a rational judgement  when needed.

i hear much about the Paradise stage, hope it lives up to expectations 👍🏻

A few lockdown pics. Still in the same place - we’ve got a buyer but there’s nothing to buy currently, so we’ll be here for a bit. I’ve toddler proofed the set up, which is working pretty well! Surprised how good the Prima Luna is, Can’t see myself changing it for a good while.

O9NrzIyF_t.jpeg XZ6ARdTY_t.jpeg bpsPWzAS_t.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Ooo - snappish.  I've a PrimaLuna Prologue 5 power amp.  Very very nice fitted with KT120. :^

• Like 1

Super Wammer
2 minutes ago, JANDL100 said:

Toddler proofing is easy

How Do You Feel About Child Cages? - Off-Topic - Comic Vine

I prefer my own personal way of toddler proofing, vasectomy aged 28!

• Haha 4

Just now, Speedracer said:

I prefer my own personal way of toddler proofing, vasectomy aged 28!

Snap!

Or should I say snip? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
Just now, JANDL100 said:

Snap!

Or should I say snip? :D

Ha ha, yes indeed.

Lol - he’s been pretty good actually, the only casualty are the gold mark audio alpair drivers, which Leo went full Magpie and, hypnotised by the shiny,  twatted them repeatedly with a toy giraffe. Weirdly they still sound great, despite being covered in dents. I’ve got some MAOPs to drop in but just haven’t got around to it. 

Edited by lordmortlock

On 11/04/2020 at 22:20, Rosewind said:

When I receive the Paradise phono stage, I feel that I am 99% where I want to be. I have spent way to much money along the way but I have also had the priviledge of listening to some much coveted gear during that roller-coster ride. It has been both fun and nerve-wrecking. So what next?

(1) An inexpensive 12" unipivot arm on an external armpod: The Wand 12", a Morch UP4 12" or a Stogi S 12" tonearm. Just to hear what 122 tonearms are all about.

(2) To  complete a DIY Poul Ladegaard air bearing tonearm project that I have all the parts for.

(3) A Magnepan DWM woofer (or two) to make the base a little more solid.

(4) An inexpansive cart to go with the 12" unipivot tonearm.

Nice setup, but If you're 99% there, this seems and awful lot of changes/cost to get that extra 1%

Edited by alphatoner

Super Wammer

I added this to my setup, to lift the SQ of my Node2,  came fitted with a nice pair of Seimens and what an exceptional sounding DAC it is.

15864613748314523860167832687976.thumb.jpg.c31ff900a67172fdc4655dded0a51642.jpg

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I added this to my setup, to lift the SQ of my Node2,  came fitted with a nice pair of Seimens and what an exceptional sounding DAC it is.

15864613748314523860167832687976.thumb.jpg.c31ff900a67172fdc4655dded0a51642.jpg

Good aren’t they? I had one for years, then sold it, and replaced it with a far more expensive unit. Something special went out of the door with it however, so I bought  one back and sold the posh dac. I won’t make the same mistake twice.

I maintain that Jolida got the price wrong with this dac, it could have easily competed at twice the rrp. 

• Like 1

They are a hidden gem ,....cracking dac for the money , still got mine …...use a mazda valve ...lovely.

7 minutes ago, lordmortlock said:

I won’t make the same mistake twice.

There's a first time for everything mate :rofl:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, rabski said:

There's a first time for everything mate :rofl:

Sigh.  If only you had met my ex before me.  (I could be listening to high end Magicos, driving German, wearing Grand Seiko, drinking 40 yr old medicine from Scotland).

On 13/04/2020 at 13:31, lordmortlock said:

A few lockdown pics. Still in the same place - we’ve got a buyer but there’s nothing to buy currently, so we’ll be here for a bit. I’ve toddler proofed the set up, which is working pretty well! Surprised how good the Prima Luna is, Can’t see myself changing it for a good while.

O9NrzIyF_t.jpeg XZ6ARdTY_t.jpeg bpsPWzAS_t.jpeg

What a beautiful room, would make me wonder why you'd want to move, oh and the systems not bad.