What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

A new addition - Bluesound Node 2i, the first bit of hifi I've bought in over 4 years (something of a record in this house). :D

50978115583_3f0ec7641e_b.jpgNode 2i by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

50978817171_c537fbeff2_b.jpgBluesound+Cyrus by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Shakey_Studioincar said:

What are you using these for, Keith?

I’m using it to clad the outside of my bass units ...30mm mdf cabinet and I’ll tongue/ groove the balau  and glue/ pin it to the mdf .  Will also clad my monitors that sit on top made from 18mm mdf 

1 hour ago, Gromit said:

A new addition - Bluesound Node 2i, the first bit of hifi I've bought in over 4 years (something of a record in this house). :D

50978115583_3f0ec7641e_b.jpgNode 2i by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

50978817171_c537fbeff2_b.jpgBluesound+Cyrus by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Welcome to the 21st Century 😊👍🏻

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MF 1000 said:

Here are a couple of pics of the balau wood with a cedar coloured danish oil applied 

21B6D8F7-CF26-4275-B994-BA3E5A3D9A8C.jpeg.f3be37e39b664da6f3ea3ea628186867.jpeg

3AE31A7E-84BF-44BA-8172-30F75F55ABAF.jpeg.b55e230ad38395151b018223d7d7afdd.jpeg

very tight grain gives a silky smooth finish with 200 grit 

Very nice keith .....make a nice rack out of that ....not seen it before.

3 hours ago, radiant red said:

Welcome to the 21st Century 😊👍🏻

Funnily enough, that was my thought on first hooking it up. :D

Been using my MacBook (via USB into a dac) for several years now, but the convenience of the Bluesound - and the ability to control it with both phone and iPad - is great. The BS control app is excellent too. :^

I've put my CD player into storage now, it wasn't getting a huge amount of use, and the vast majority of my CD's are available on Tidal anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gromit said:

Funnily enough, that was my thought on first hooking it up. :D

Been using my MacBook (via USB into a dac) for several years now, but the convenience of the Bluesound - and the ability to control it with both phone and iPad - is great. The BS control app is excellent too. :^

I've put my CD player into storage now, it wasn't getting a huge amount of use, and the vast majority of my CD's are available on Tidal anyway.

This is all true... just don’t forget the black stuff 👍🏻

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, radiant red said:

This is all true... just don’t forget the black stuff 👍🏻

Oh absolutely - have done a couple of brief comparisons against the LP12, the result of which shows the turntable's going nowhere. :)

The Node 2i's damn good though, and better than I expected with its internal dac only giving a little away to my much older Teac dac.

Edited by Gromit
  • Like 2

Love this thread. So great to see pics of great and smaller systems. So much variety and things to lust over. Keep it up everyone

Currently playing with a pair of Muse Reference 300, (thanks Jack [NSM]) whilst I wait for the opportunity to get my LH Icon Audio MB845SE to Henry for what is hopefully only a dry joint repair (bloody thing crackles like a pig when I move around the room). Also currently using my re-plinthed 401 (with a Conqueror 3C & Hana ML) in the main rig whilst the Bardo is returned to Germany to have a noisy motor bearing sorted. 

16144571457482819801952203196935.jpg

Edited by Lurch
  • Like 5

On 25/02/2021 at 14:57, Gromit said:

Oh absolutely - have done a couple of brief comparisons against the LP12, the result of which shows the turntable's going nowhere. :)

The Node 2i's damn good though, and better than I expected with its internal dac only giving a little away to my much older Teac dac.

Nice! Just don’t read that big long thread on mode 2i upgrade or else you’d be adding after market power supply and dac. Kinda ruining the beauty of this white box 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Currently playing with a pair of Muse Reference 300, (thanks Jack [NSM]) whilst I wait for the opportunity to get my LH Icon Audio MB845SE to Henry for what is hopefully only a dry joint repair (bloody thing crackles like a pig when I move around the room). Also currently using my re-plinthed 401 (with a Conqueror 3C & Hana ML) in the main rig whilst the Bardo is returned to Germany to have a noisy motor bearing sorted. 

16144571457482819801952203196935.jpg

Can I ask what size is your room and seating position in relation to the 989’s 

14 minutes ago, Kawasaki kr1s said:

Can I ask what size is your room and seating position in relation to the 989’s 

The room is 12' wide & 13' to wall (chimney breast) behind my chair, I sit centrally (= just outside bottom left of photo) but the photo was taken in a 15" deep alcove which leads to the hall door. 

The speakers are 5' from the back wall ( RH, 4' to cd rack, LH 3'8" to record storage). 

Must admit I was concerned about the room size, thinking it was too small, but when I had them here (initially as a bit of fun) and found how good they sounded, I knew within 2 minutes I, was, buying them. 

Edited by Lurch

1 hour ago, greengoblin said:

Nice! Just don’t read that big long thread on mode 2i upgrade or else you’d be adding after market power supply and dac. Kinda ruining the beauty of this white box 😁

I shall heed this warning - thank you! :)

Only thing I'm tempted by is a better, newer DAC but there's always time for that. Just enjoying the Node 2i as it is. :^

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromit said:

I shall heed this warning - thank you! :)

Only thing I'm tempted by is a better, newer DAC but there's always time for that. Just enjoying the Node 2i as it is. :^

I'm doing just that, enjoying it for what it is. I'm just spending money on vinyl instead!.....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lurch said:

The room is 12' wide & 13' to wall (chimney breast) behind my chair, I sit centrally (= just outside bottom left of photo) but the photo was taken in a 15" deep alcove which leads to the hall door. 

The speakers are 5' from the back wall ( RH, 4' to cd rack, LH 3'8" to record storage). 

Must admit I was concerned about the room size, thinking it was too small, but when I had them here (initially as a bit of fun) and found how good they sounded, I knew within 2 minutes I, was, buying them. 

So your seated approx 8ft from the quads   on the edge of the alcove with rear wall close either side ?