What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

Currently playing with a pair of Muse Reference 300, (thanks Jack [NSM]) whilst I wait for the opportunity to get my LH Icon Audio MB845SE to Henry for what is hopefully only a dry joint repair (bloody thing crackles like a pig when I move around the room). Also currently using my re-plinthed 401 (with a Conqueror 3C & Hana ML) in the main rig whilst the Bardo is returned to Germany to have a noisy motor bearing sorted. 

16144571457482819801952203196935.jpg

Lovely quads there john ,.......at least you,ve got another fan there.......:D

7 hours ago, Kawasaki kr1s said:

So your seated approx 8ft from the quads   on the edge of the alcove with rear wall close either side ? 

Yep more or less, prob nearer 6' once seat pulled forward a tad. 

13 hours ago, greengoblin said:

Nice! Just don’t read that big long thread on mode 2i upgrade or else you’d be adding after market power supply and dac. Kinda ruining the beauty of this white box 😁

Just had a look at that very thread - I see what you mean! Don't have the stamina to read all of it. :D

• Haha 1

Talking of smaller systems, here's the active parts of mine (you can see a bit of my CDP on the left hand side, but that is for legacy purposes and rarely gets switched on these days). The Creek has their latest phono module (Sequel Mk4) installed, which is excellent. I'm very impressed with the DAC in the Yamaha WXC-50, despite many using the Yam's optical out to an outboard one: I find it very well implemented. The Creek is attached to a pair of XT 6Fs and it all sounds very good indeed for what is a relatively (by Wam standards) minimalist set up. 951900814_IMG_20200918_100621__02__01(1).thumb.jpg.9e654a1f8d38fc2cd0d013fa0e775759.jpg

• Like 4

My system has

Moon 260D CD transport

Bryston BDA3 DAC

Sony TC-KA6ES Tape deck

Linn LP12 Turntable

Bryston BP26 Preamp with MPS-2 Power supply

Bryston 14B3 Power Amplifier

Torus RM16 Balanced Power supply

All sitting on HiFi Racks 

Wilmslow Encore Loudspeakers

IMAG0492.jpg

• Like 7

On 28/02/2021 at 14:18, Nifkin said:

Talking of smaller systems, here's the active parts of mine (you can see a bit of my CDP on the left hand side, but that is for legacy purposes and rarely gets switched on these days). The Creek has their latest phono module (Sequel Mk4) installed, which is excellent. I'm very impressed with the DAC in the Yamaha WXC-50, despite many using the Yam's optical out to an outboard one: I find it very well implemented. The Creek is attached to a pair of XT 6Fs and it all sounds very good indeed for what is a relatively (by Wam standards) minimalist set up. 951900814_IMG_20200918_100621__02__01(1).thumb.jpg.9e654a1f8d38fc2cd0d013fa0e775759.jpg

Top tip - take the stylus guard off the VM540ML (carefully).

19 minutes ago, chris metcalfe said:

Why

After my recent huge sell off, this is where I've landed 😃

image.png.1118300869422c2507c2b6596e503046.png

Considering that the whole lot cost less than my previous turntable, I'm well pleased with it.

Edited by Idlewithnodrive
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, chris metcalfe said:

Hay Chris

One thing i have discovered over the decades of my HiFi hobby is, you can get a great sounding HiFi without blowing mindless sums of money.

I had a Audiolab 8000A and a 8000P with the Audiolab 8000CD player. The loudspeakers were Castle Avon. The A drove the P as a preamp, but it also drove the tweeter in the Avon's. The P was on bass duty, so the system was biamped and bi-wired.

Honest to God it was a match made in heaven. It sounded so good it use to make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end, and give me goose pimples. 

I hate to say this, but no other system i have owned has had the same emotional effect on me.

My nephew has the amps now and the CD player. He has had it for many years and is reluctant to part with it. That system sure has some years under its belt now, but it's still in A1 condition just as it first came out the box

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

After my recent huge sell off, this is where I've landed 😃

image.png.1118300869422c2507c2b6596e503046.png

Considering that the whole lot cost less than my previous turntable, I'm well pleased with it.

I keep wondering if i should downsize my kit? I like the idea of the musical fidelity encore all in one, but i just can't bare to let mine go. It has large importance to me, representing the decades of hard work i have done while suffering severe depression and borderline personality disorder. Your set up looks good and very neat

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mark Holder said:

I keep wondering if i should downsize my kit? I like the idea of the musical fidelity encore all in one, but i just can't bare to let mine go. It has large importance to me, representing the decades of hard work i have done while suffering severe depression and borderline personality disorder. Your set up looks good and very neat

Hi Mark and thanks. My advice, fwiw, would be, if your kit really matters to you and you don't need to sell, don't.

It sounds like you've overcome a lot of mental hurdles to get where you are and are rightly proud of that. Why risk any sort of setback if you don't have to ?

Just sit back, with a glass of something nice, and enjoy ! 🙂

• Like 4

Thanks for that:)

To make up for the fact that I've just trashed two cartridges in a week (both now off to ESCo for some tlc), I'm drowning my sorrows and limiting myself to my other formats, especially my new Cambridge CXN V2 streamer:

Bar my old cassette deck (in the attic), I think I've got all formats covered :)
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Theo said:
Bar my old cassette deck (in the attic), I think I've got all formats covered :)

Nice Trio L07D :love:

• Like 3