What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

On 28/10/2021 at 11:16, Bazzer said:

Nice kit but I don't think your router is in the ideal position.

1 hour ago, glenhb said:

Nice kit but I don't think your router is in the ideal position.

Why, is it causing problems being on the amp ? 

Edited by Bazzer

Super Wammer
9 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

Why, is it causing problems being on the amp ? 

They can do Baz but if your not experiencing any issues then not a problem. 
They can cause issues of interference with the WiFi bit being next to electronics 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, radiant red said:

They can do Baz but if your not experiencing any issues then not a problem. 
They can cause issues of interference with the WiFi bit being next to electronics 

Right ok thanks , no problems anyway .

• Like 1

Super Wammer
1 minute ago, Bazzer said:

Right ok thanks , no problems anyway .

Mind you, they are fugly. Your kit always looks good. 
I’ve just acquired some new decals for another Systemdek and thinking of doing one in silver.. what do you think?

On 28/10/2021 at 11:16, Bazzer said:

Never mind the system, what about those records - superb!

• Like 1

I  wouldn't think that having the router sat on a big metal box full of electronics and power supplies would be the ideal location for getting the best WiFi signal from the router. Plus the wall wart switching power supplies provided with routers  can add a lot of noise to the mains.

If it works and you're happy with the WiFi coverage leave it, but it might be worth downloading a WiFi signal strength app to a mobile phone and experimenting with the router position to see if the signal strength improves.

Edited by glenhb

28 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Mind you, they are fugly

The cable comes into the house there and the three units , TV , 851N and OPPO 205 are all within shortish cable lengths away .

31 minutes ago, radiant red said:

I’ve just acquired some new decals for another Systemdek and thinking of doing one in silver.. what do you think?

Oh yes go for it :^

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, glenhb said:

If it works and you're happy with the WiFi coverage leave

We have a BT WiFi extender disc (Halo) in another part of the house and it always shows a blue light , there have been no complaints from the lodgers ;)

Super Wammer
19 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

The cable comes into the house there and the three units , TV , 851N and OPPO 205 are all within shortish cable lengths away .

Oh yes go for it :^

Watch this space.. mind you, I have a hell of a lot of decorating to do first 😂

• Like 1

Super Wammer
22 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Watch this space.. mind you, I have a hell of a lot of decorating to do first 😂

Then pull ya bloody finger out. 😜

We're still waiting on your 2021 West Country Bake-off and there's not much of the year left. 

Edited by Lurch
  • Haha 2

With another 7 days self-isolation to go, I bagged a secondhand (current spec) Schiit Gumby DAC to try out. Kudos to the seller - I paid for it yesterday lunchtime and it landed with me less than 24 hours later, perfectly packed and in spot on condition.

If I like it, Tomasz will get to take the RME back to Poland, between shows - I know he rates it highly (we bought it for the DSP facility, in case we need a 'last resort' to balance out the room at a show).

Super Wammer

Posted this already in the owners thread but thought I should splash them around a bit more! My newly-acquired Martin Logan Summits in an initial default position, prior to "fettling". And HUGE thanks to @Lurch for helping me to make the decision to get them 👍🏼

IMG_0072.jpeg.c502714338d336e2df7bf92eb0c7f9d4.jpeg

• Like 13

Lovely, that's one of the best looking "ML rooms" I've seen. They really fit in well. :^ The vertical stripes on the rear wall probably help a lot.

All you need now is an ML centre speaker. That would look fabulous imo and tie in well with the horizontal of the screen. :geek:

image.png.6db56c6e146d8f1dd9ba06ed46dff947.png

Edited by JANDL100
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer
11 hours ago, JANDL100 said:

Lovely, that's one of the best looking "ML rooms" I've seen. They really fit in well. :^ The vertical stripes on the rear wall probably help a lot.

All you need now is an ML centre speaker. That would look fabulous imo and tie in well with the horizontal of the screen. :geek:

image.png.6db56c6e146d8f1dd9ba06ed46dff947.png

Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm pretty pleased with the way they go with the room. The only issue with getting the ML centre is that I'd then have to use the Summits for A/V duties too, and that means buying another pair for rear channel duties.... 😗

• Haha 1