What's yer bits'n'bobs ?

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally set up my new speakers after the decorating . Kudos X2

New deck turned up just in time for Christmas, all 57 Kilo's of it  Really happy with how it sits with the amps. Hopefully will get some decent hours on it over the next week or so. 

As a rejuvenated super wammer (never cancelled my fees 💪), I should share my main system again as suggested by Jake 😅  

Posted Images

But then they are only £300 in the first place rather than £4k+ for a proper Vitra Original.....

Registered a good while but was on a hifi hiatus for a time and just got back into it at the end of last year.

Previously had a pair of Audioplan Kontrast V speakers on the end of Devialet 120. Very good system but recently a pair of Quad 989's became available and

was just too good an opportunity to miss out on as did a second hand Jadis DA88S.

Turntable is a Clearaudio Performance SE with Satisfy Carbon arm and Maestro MM cart. Phonostage is a Pro-ject Tube Box 2.

CDP is a bashed up Arcam CD23 that has been through the wars but still sounds bloody great. On the lookout now for a nice big chunky looking CDP to replace it with.

Had to split up the rack as the shelf spacing isn't enough plus the Jadis puts out a fair bit of heat. Obviously the fireplace is unused! ;-)

Extremely pleased with this system and is probably the best sounding I've owned to date. Still playing around with the positioning of the Quads.

I've had Krell, Airtight, Gamut, Classe, Leben, Devialet and Kharma amps in the past which were all great in their own way but I just love the Jadis sound.

14252490787_eb270fc12f_b.jpg

14435574321_2de4aae89c_b.jpg

14438984125_9b825ff108_b.jpg

14406888524_c4180f7e70_b.jpg

Lovely looking room with plenty of room for the Quads to breathe.:^

Hi My system, With Martin Logan Summits, Ar Ref 110, AR Ref 3, Lampizator 5, Shun Mook (oops) diamond resonators

http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...m-480-(Summit)

Blimey, that has reminded me, I think I am a member of that forum. Joined when I bought some MLs years ago and was after some advice. Don't think I have logged in for getting on for 10 years, I have probably been deleted by now! :)

nice room, and the system looks great - big pot looks a bit creepy though!

It's harmless, got to keep my cactii somewhere

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can't anyone post a pic on this thread?

Yes, but not off my phone using tapatalk, now remedied. :rockin:

Well, its back. Thanks to Darren, (turning japanese) who made this possible with a bit of a swap plus some cash. His move to mahoosive speakers meant this was surplus to requirements. Its a 6080 push pull amp that gives about 25 - 30 watts. Its a croft, thats been extensively modded, it was based on a prototype called a phantom. It uses one section of the power valve to push pull the other as its a double triode. Glens very proud of it, and its subsequently had a serious amount of money dropped on it. I think its a fine example of british valve amplifier engineering, true talent. I bought it from Captain, (I borrowed his pics!) I really regretted selling it and its done the rounds but finally I got it. Darren was true to his word and said I could buy it back from him. Had it on tonight and for the volumes I listen at its brilliant, and digs out so much detail. It gets erm, quite warm... Not forgotten I still owe you a few quid!

14430601335_092439192a_o.jpg

14429472044_8b4fe804ea_o.jpg

14450783293_454f7833a4_o.jpg

14429471754_e5f9f1963c_o.jpg

That looks a bit special,is it SET or Push Pull ?

Nice one Bob, you liked the one on my SP10 TT then!

• Bazzer pinned this topic
  • Bazzer pinned and featured this topic